• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage yards in San Antonio, TX

rizzo

A friend of mine will be there for a day while his wife visits a friend. He is looking for something to do for 6-8 hrs.. any ideas besides the alamo?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell him not to let the girls talk him into the river walk. He will be bored out of his mind!

dabtl

San Antonio has five total Spanish era missions. The best is San Juan.

The Buckhorn Tavern is nice, the Roosevelt Bar at the Menger Hotel cannot be beaten. Lee resigned from the Army there.

Barrman

The Menger is a neat place to walk into if you are a history buff.

You could always take I-35 south about an hour and watch illegals jump off the north bound trains.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goodrich is a small town just south of livingston on US 59. Not too far from here. But a coupla hundred miles from San Antiono. Mabye he going somewhere else?

Barrman

Lackland AF Base has a pretty cool collection of planes on static display. The also have the cargo version of a B-36 just sitting there.

The USS Lexington is a great tour.

Barrman

I know there was something about trying to remove it (C-??) a year or so ago. I haven't been by there since to see if they did though.

glassmountains

Next time anyone is in San Antonio you can travel out I-10 about 45 minutes to Comfort then hop on Hwy 87 and go to Fredericksburg. The Admiral Nimitz museum is there. Great place. Lots of WWII vehicles. Some in restored running condition, some recovered from Pacific War Battlefields. Google their website and check it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks