• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HP Increase--LP Gas?

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone tried adding LP injection to these engines? My son and I intend to on his M35A2 after we did it on my Dodge Cummins just ahead of the turbo. We have the regulator set up to selectively trip two stages with push buttons on the stick. Leaves black marks when we hit it rolling in second gear, and if there is any moisture at all on the road, it will break loose in fourth gear (92 1 ton single wheel 4x4 truck with 5 spd Getrag; 3.55 rear gears).
Marti

vtunimog

I have run LP in three diesels only one was a turbo model. LP has the greatest impact in Direct injection engines, indirect really doesn't do much but change the tone a bit and it seems to give a cleaner burn.

On the OM352 (Mercedes 5.7L 6 cyl) it gave about 25 hp gain <?> which compared to it's measly 120hp output was huge. On hills it meant staying in 5th gear instead of dropping down to 4th.

We also put a locally built system on a 1.8L 4 cyl VW TDI - The thing would smoke the tires. We couldn't Dyno it but the builder thought the HP was close to 170HP (I thought maybe 140 hp)

I would think the larger 465 series motors would lend themselves to easy LP fogging. A hard lesson learned is that a vapor not a liquid tank must be used. Getting pressures right is another issue. Too high a pressure will cause knocking etc, too low and you will not see any benefit.

Contact me off list and I would be happy to share my limited experiences.

Chris M

hot rod deuce

my multi fuel loved LP. i just put a grill tank in the box and ran a 3/8 fuel line through the back window and put a fuel pres. gauge in line with a ball valve and laid it on the seat. ran through the t-case shifter hole and used a 1/4 inch orfice befor the turbo and ran 6 PSI. it was all R and D to be used on the cummins

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks