• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Change Coming In Wisconsin

undysworld

To All Wisconsin Owners:

You should be aware that there are changes coming in Wisconsin statute which will effect your former military vehicle.

Tom Zat (Alfa Heaven) and I have been working with WisDOT to address some ongoing problems. We have worked with Sen Grothman and have a bill drafted. His office is currently seeking cosponsors for the bill. The actual Bill and FAQs can now be found on Tom's website: http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySection/2013 WI Legislation/2013Legis.html
Be sure to scroll all the way down for current instructions on how to support this Bill.

Here's what it will do for owners of former military vehicles.

1 Exempts them all from the FMVSS Certification Label requirement. This means you cannot be denied registration because your vehicle lacks a Cert. Label.

2 Allows those vehicles registered as Historic Military Vehicle (HMV) to use the vehicle for occasional personal use. Currently those vehicles are limited to parade and car show uses.

3 Allows HMV owners to keep "parts" vehicles on their property.

4 Allows minor modifications to those vehicles registered as Collector, so long as the body is not altered.

There are a few other provisions which effect other vehicles, but those are the biggies for former military vehicles.

Please visit our website and act now to strengthen our hobby!!

Any questions?

Scarecrow1

Have them ship a copy to the Gov of SC with instructions as what to do to help the MV owners in this state. At the present they don't like us much.........

KORNDOG

This is a HUGE help to me so I can actually use my truck. I really appreciate all of your work. Thanks again! I plan on sending out some letters in the next couple days.:mrgreen:

undysworld

Korndog & ALL,

Tom and I completed our rounds at the Wis. Capitol this afternoon. We visited 130 legislative offices over two days. We fully appreciate those of you who have acted to contact your legislators already. The Co-Sponsorship drive will end Monday Mar. 25, 2013. If you haven't contacted them and asked them to Co-Sponsor this bill yet, PHONE them tomorrow.

Understand this process takes several steps, and we need you to help at each step.

Stay tuned here for updates. For detailed information and the most current information please visit Tom's page here.

trukhead

Korndog & ALL,

Tom and I completed our rounds at the Wis. Capitol this afternoon. We visited 130 legislative offices over two days. We fully appreciate those of you who have acted to contact your legislators already. The Co-Sponsorship drive will end Monday Mar. 25, 2013. If you haven't contacted them and asked them to Co-Sponsor this bill yet, PHONE them tomorrow.

Understand this process takes several steps, and we need you to help at each step.

Stay tuned here for updates. For detailed information and the most current information please visit Tom's page here.
Thank You and Tom for all your effort!![thumbzup]

I Know nothing.... so please keep us informed and your suggestions on what to Do!:jumpin:

I contacted both the senator and representative offices and stated they both should cosponsor the bill.:cool:

I guess no time for a letter.:hammer:

Last edited:

Carlo

To All Wisconsin Owners:

You should be aware that there are changes coming in Wisconsin statute which will effect your former military vehicle.

Tom Zat (Alfa Heaven) and I have been working with WisDOT to address some ongoing problems. We have worked with Sen Grothman and have a bill drafted. His office is currently seeking cosponsors for the bill. The actual Bill and FAQs can now be found on Tom's website: http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySection/2013%20WI%20Legislation/2013Legis.html
Be sure to scroll all the way down for current instructions on how to support this Bill.

Here's what it will do for owners of former military vehicles.

1 Exempts them all from the FMVSS Certification Label requirement. This means you cannot be denied registration because your vehicle lacks a Cert. Label.

2 Allows those vehicles registered as Historic Military Vehicle (HMV) to use the vehicle for occasional personal use. Currently those vehicles are limited to parade and car show uses.

3 Allows HMV owners to keep "parts" vehicles on their property.

4 Allows minor modifications to those vehicles registered as Collector, so long as the body is not altered.

There are a few other provisions which effect other vehicles, but those are the biggies for former military vehicles.

Please visit our website and act now to strengthen our hobby!!

Any questions?
BRAVO! Stand up for your rights and keep up the good work. I hope others in Wisconsin will support you in this important change in this law. Good luck.

undysworld

Great News! We picked up 26 cosponsors for our bill.

The bill will now get introduced to committees. Remember this takes several steps, and we need your help at each step.

To those of you who have helped so far; THANK YOU !!! (If you haven't, Why not?)

I'll post info ASAP about what's needed next. Stay tuned...

Last edited by a moderator:

undysworld

NOW IS THE TIME!

We've all bitched about DMV causing problems for years. Now is your chance to do something to fix that.

Our bill has finally been introduced into the Legislature. It is now officially 2013 Senate Bill 110. We have a Senate Committee Hearing tentatively scheduled for April 11th.

We've worked for several years to achieve this level of cooperation with DOT. Lots of money has been spent to get this far. This is truly our only shot at this.

We need each and every Wisconsin citizen to take action now.

WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW (Only WISCONSIN citizens):

1) Sign up "IN FAVOR" of SB-110 Online.
Click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18-2h66GjunTqh7sQsoNdluiQCbLLFz7pzyTV2cdqlyM/viewform?pli=1 to register. You will be asked to provide your name, street, city, ZIP. This information will be provided to Sen. Grothman's office only. Your name will appear in the hearing record. Please only register one time.

2) Attend the Senate Hearing.
Attending the Hearing is your right. As a show of support, we would like to have a large group (perhaps 50-100 ideally) attend the hearing.

You have a right to speak. However due to time concerns, we would prefer that you simply register IN FAVOR and do not speak. You will be asked to silently make your support known by show of hand or standing up. By acting as a solid group, your silence will be more powerful than words.

Be prepared to spend the entire day at the Capitol. We will confirm the date and time of the hearing. But these hearing schedules are unpredictable, and frequently get delayed. If you take the day off to attend, you won't want to have to leave half-way through.

If you plan to attend, we'd appreciate having you RSVP via p.m. to get a rough head-count for planning purposes.

WHAT IS NEXT:

The Assembly may choose to hold it's own hearing. If so, we will notify you. The procedure is similar to what we've outlined above for the Senate.

Assuming both Senate and Assembly Transportation Committees pass the bill, it will then go before both full houses for a vote. When that happens, we need to push legislators to vote for it. We will keep you posted as it progresses, and advise you what to do.

Click http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySection/2013 WI Legislation/2013Legis.html for: Background Info - Including Links to the actual Bill, FAQs, and Extra Details.

Last edited:

trukhead

NOW IS THE TIME!

We've all bitched about DMV causing problems for years. Now is your chance to do something to fix that.

Our bill has finally been introduced into the Legislature. It is now officially 2013 Senate Bill 110. We have a Senate Committee Hearing tentatively scheduled for April 11th.

We've worked for several years to achieve this level of cooperation with DOT. Lots of money has been spent to get this far. This is truly our only shot at this.

We need each and every Wisconsin citizen to take action now.

WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW (Only WISCONSIN citizens):

1) Sign up "IN FAVOR" of SB-110 Online.
Click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18-2h66GjunTqh7sQsoNdluiQCbLLFz7pzyTV2cdqlyM/viewform?pli=1 to register. You will be asked to provide your name, street, city, ZIP. This information will be provided to Sen. Grothman's office only. Your name will appear in the hearing record. Please only register one time.

2) Attend the Senate Hearing.
Attending the Hearing is your right. As a show of support, we would like to have a large group (perhaps 50-100 ideally) attend the hearing.

You have a right to speak. However due to time concerns, we would prefer that you simply register IN FAVOR and do not speak. You will be asked to silently make your support known by show of hand or standing up. By acting as a solid group, your silence will be more powerful than words.

Be prepared to spend the entire day at the Capitol. We will confirm the date and time of the hearing. But these hearing schedules are unpredictable, and frequently get delayed. If you take the day off to attend, you won't want to have to leave half-way through.

If you plan to attend, we'd appreciate having you RSVP via p.m. to get a rough head-count for planning purposes.

WHAT IS NEXT:

The Assembly may choose to hold it's own hearing. If so, we will notify you. The procedure is similar to what we've outlined above for the Senate.

Assuming both Senate and Assembly Transportation Committees pass the bill, it will then go before both full houses for a vote. When that happens, we need to push legislators to vote for it. We will keep you posted as it progresses, and advise you what to do.

Click http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySection/2013 WI Legislation/2013Legis.html for: Background Info - Including Links to the actual Bill, FAQs, and Extra Details.

ThankYou Thank You for your effort!!!

I'm gonna tell the people I know to look at this thread and do do something!

I'm gonna do the stuff you recommend as well.:grin::driver::beer:

I just did the sign up in favor survey, YOU CAN TOO grasshopper!

Last edited:

undysworld

The online sign-up numbers continue to grow! It's you guys getting it done now. Keep spreading the word.

I'll definitely post up the next step when we get there.

caliber1

Thanks for all you are doing. I am getting ready to move back home in a few months, and want to be able to use my deuce.

If this happens after the move you can count on my support.

Jess

undysworld

Hearing delayed

The Public Hearing that was tentatively scheduled for this Thursday has been delayed until next week. I'll add info asap when we get a new date.

This gives us another week for people to register IN FAVOR of the bill (link above). Please keep spreading the word.

undysworld

Things are moving, slowly but steadily. Here's the important news:

BILL NUMBER

Today the bill was assigned it's Assembly Bill number: AB-157. As I wrote previously, it already got a Senate Bill number: SB-110.

In all correspondence with your Senator and/or Assembly Rep. be sure you refer to it as SB-110 / AB-157.

HEARING DATES

The Senate hearing (orig. scheduled 4/11) has still not been re-scheduled. We expect it within the next couple weeks, but cannot confirm this. We anticipate very short notice of the hearing, perhaps only 24 hrs. This is less than ideal, because it will make it difficult for owners to attend the hearing, but we will send out an alert immediately.

With this AB number, the bill can now be scheduled for an Assembly hearing. We're working on getting that scheduled, and will keep you posted with details.

ONLINE SIGN-UP NUMBERS ARE "MIND-BLOWING"!

We are now over 600 strong registered in support of this bill, and Sen. Grothman's office says this number is "mind blowing". (Tom's been fretting some, because last year we had more. But with this news, he's relaxing a little. Remember, we had months to gather signatures last year.) There is support from every corner of the state.

So keep up your fantastic efforts! We want the whole Legislature to know that we're a big active group, when it comes time for them to vote for our bill. Let's keep blowing their minds, and make this happen!

Last edited:

undysworld

The Hearing today went very well. 621 "In Favor", 1 "Against". I guess ya can't win 'em all. We expect to hear results of the Senate Trans. Comm. vote next week some time, and I'll post 'em.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks