• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Lights

tklm539

Does anyone know of a simple way to use the stock m105 24v trailer lights with a 12v 4pin flat vehical adapter.

I hate to spend 50.00 for magnetic lights fro 1 trip.

Any help would be great

Tom

mangus580

Tom, 2 options. You can toss 12v bulbs in the lights, and connect a flat 4 using bullet nose crimp connectors at the pigtail connection at the front.

or...

you can buy a cheapie set of trailer lights, and bolt them in place of the original composites. They use the same bolt pattern.

NEIOWA

Most of the flat 4 pigtail kits I've purchased have splice connectors in the kit (blue plastic snap over an existing wire/stick a new wire in the 3rd "hole"/pinch with pliers and snap the "cover" shut. Use these connectors on the appropriate 3 wires in the mil spec wiring/connector box and hook up a good ground to the 4th (white) wire.

22-460 is curb/right/passenger side stop/turn
22-461 is road/left/driver side stop/turn
21 is taillight

Takes about 5 minutes.

papercu

M105

Spend the fifty, then you have a good excuse to tell the wife why you have to buy more trailers.
For one trip and if in the daytime, hand signals will work. Wayne

jwaller

RE: M105

I too am working on a cable replacement to help with connecting my M35 to my double axle car hauler.

R
23- BO stop
22-460 stop and turn
24-483 BO tail and turn
21 service tail

L
23 BO stop
22-461 stop and turn
24-484 BO tail and turn
21 service tail

90- ground

I took a spare harness from a 105 and I'm putting a regular plug from the Rear of my new truck. that way I wont have to mod the trailer to hook it to my MV.

jasonjc

RE: M105

DO not use the blue things. They will cut the wire and in short time you will be replaceing the wire harness. As the wire will corrode and break.

tklm539

I figured I would post a pic. of the trailer coming home.

It had brand new NDT tires, but one blew on the way home. Very long day and trip. Everyone was right, it looked crazy.

Attachments

Xterratuff

Re: RE: M105

jwaller said:
I too am working on a cable replacement to help with connecting my M35 to my double axle car hauler.

R
23- BO stop
22-460 stop and turn
24-483 BO tail and turn
21 service tail

L
23 BO stop
22-461 stop and turn
24-484 BO tail and turn
21 service tail

90- ground

I took a spare harness from a 105 and I'm putting a regular plug from the Rear of my new truck. that way I wont have to mod the trailer to hook it to my MV.
Can you tell me what these numbers mean? (22-461)

I have the power recepticle plug from a duece that I am trying to wire my standard civilian 4 plug harness to so I can run the lights on my m105 trailer. I'm having a very difficult time finding what pins on the M105 harness are used for.

If there are labels on the wires; well they are too old for me to read anything off of them.
I can't find a good diagram or pic of what pins I should wire my civilian 4 plug into so the lights will work.

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: M105

Go to the Olive-Drab website... Look on the TM download page (I'll plug the URL in below so you can find it easily...). Look at the pages with both the full listing of circuit numbers (will show that your combination pair is: Turn signal switch to left rear stop lamp - a combination of circuit 22 - stop lamp, and 461 - left turn).

TM Reference page:
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_technical_reference.php3

Not sure what I did with the link to the plug pin out diagram, but Jeff Smith at MVP has a chart with the numbers... Look at the links on his site to find the following...

Connector Pin Circuit Number Circuit Usage (M-Series Trailer Receptacle Pinout)
A 24A Blackout Tail Light
B 22 Stop Lamp
C 24B Blackout Tail Lamp
D 90 Ground
E 21 Service Tail Lamp
F 23 Blackout Stop Lamp

Good luck.

Xterratuff

RE: Re: RE: M105

Thanks CGarbee! That helped alot! The article told me where to find the letters on the plug which is what I wasn't getting.

I opened up the lenses on the taillights and was expecting to find 3 bulbs to replace. (I'm replacing with 12v bulbs.) To my surprise the lower bulb was actually a group of yellow leds.

Is that some updated military light set up or did some previous owner modify it somehow?

Thanks again!

Xterratuff

Re: RE: Re: RE: M105

jwaller said:
22-461 is what will be on the tag thats on the wire. I gave it's use. what else do you need?
That's it. Like I said I couldn't read all the numbers on the wires so the letters on the pins helped.

Thanks for all the info!

Now I want to try and come up with a switch for my civilian vehicle so I can turn the black out lights on instead of the normal driving lights... just for fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks