• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about rebuild 230 motor in m37

I was told i have piston slap in my m37 need to rebuild does anyone now if i can get everything i need to rebuild the old motor from napa or carquest or would i need to contact a site online please any info would be great Thanks kenneth

Attachments

carguy455

I have seen some REALLY cheap deals on oversize pistons for the M37 on Ebay lately. Now since that set up was a fairly common 6 cyl in the 50's for Plymouth/Dodge cars, I would suggest you price out a rebuild kit from Northern Auto Parts, northernautoparts.com , I have found them to have the most inexspensive complete rebuild kits and they use good name brand parts. Whatever they don't have listed you can contact them and they can get you a DECENT price on a kit. Your local parts store is gonna be a lot more exspensive than an engine kit company, price shop between Northern and some of the military supply companies. Another suggestion I would have would be to have the rotating assembly [ crank/rods/pistons ] BALANCED ! The results will be well worth the small exspense ! :wink:
And you will be able to go highway speeds without puking the lower end of your engine all over the pavement.

carguy455

Read the post "Rebuild my 1962 M37" on page three SasquatchSanta
posted a wealth of info on the straight 6, he owns and has rebuilt 3 M37's .
Maybe sending him a PM would be a good idea, he probably has some great sources for engine parts.

carguy455

Oh my pleasure ! I went today and looked at 3 M37's I have been trying to buy...lots of ideas flying around in my head...now need a lot more money and a clone for help with the labor !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks