• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how do you remove carberator on M274

nickd

Skeeter,
To remove the caarburetor from the intake manifold, you have 2 choices. Disconnect the heat riser tubes between the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold and remove the carburetor and the intake manifold together or modify a 1/2" wrench to fit the lower nut. I wrote an article in Military Vehicles Magazine a while back on Mule tools that included some other modified wrenches to work on the mule. Go to the military vehicles website and search by vehicle and all of the issues containing mule aritcles will appear
Nick.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
By what means do you remove the carberator from M274?
Skeeter,
To remove the caarburetor from the intake manifold, you have 2 choices. Disconnect the heat riser tubes between the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold and remove the carburetor and the intake manifold together or modify a 1/2" wrench to fit the lower nut. I wrote an article in Military Vehicles Magazine a while back on Mule tools that included some other modified wrenches to work on the mule. Go to the military vehicles website and search by vehicle and all of the issues containing mule aritcles will appear
Nick.

I ran into this today and found this thread (very good thread title!). After reading Nick's advice, I went back out to the mule, took a cheapie wrench and ran it past the bench grinder to make it thinner and smaller.

I simply removed the upper air shroud-I did not find it necessary to remove the intake, which is a good thing, as the first bolt I touched started to twist off and wasn't going to come off without breaking.

Carb was gross and I rebuilt it.

20130917_163358[1].jpg20130917_163406[1].jpg20130917_163418[1].jpg20130917_164246[1].jpg20130917_164249[1].jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks like it's been under water a time or two.
Believe it or not, that is 5+ years of the dust from the Ga. Rally.

The concrete that we call "dirt" here in Ga. is awful. It's a solid red clay that when wet is incredibly slick and when dry,, literally harder than rock. When we buried my gutter downspouts, the ditch witch lifted the wheels off the ground instead of digging a trench. And when it's dry, it created this dust cloud of fine, orange dust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks