• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner of MT250 crane

mt250

Good day everyone!
Just bought a crane MT250.I'm new to this web site and I apologise forif I don't post my message to the right forum but I'll give it a shot! If anyone can give me an info where I can get or purchase operation manual and full specs for my machine. Any suggestions for spare parts dealers? Any information will be appreciated!

Stan

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: New owner of MT250 crane

Elwenil said:
http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_mt250.php

What in gods name will you do with that?!?!
I'm gonna take a guess here and say...

LIFT THINGS!

rofl

Elwenil

RE: Re: RE: New owner of MT250 crane

Somehow I knew that was coming, lol. Ah but that's a really big crane. Can you even move that on public highways without a special permit? I know the local crane outfit here has to jump though all sort of hoops to move any of their cranes that are that size due to the weight and the "damage" to the highways.

tklm539

I can say that I would have absolutely no use for one of those. Yet I found my searching GL for one near me.

Highway, no need. Get it here, and I could make a giant swing for the kids. Hey, maybe that would convince the wife. I think I am on to something.

hippiedude

That crane will pay for it self in know time.....We use a guy that has the civy modle for installing roof top a/c units..... I think if it is under 100,000 lbs. its not to much of a problem, but you might need another truck to move the counter weights...takes about 20 minites to set up.........

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Wow, that's a beauty! Hey, if you decide that you need something smaller and more portable, I have a 5-ton wrecker that I'd trade for it... :D

OSO

You know that crane is made for being airlifted all those tie downs . I sold mine last year in July and missing the day it left on the trailer . Mine was painted white over the camo paint. :cry: aua

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cool crane! I see the crane is powered by a Detroit. What type of engine powers it down the road? So, where'd you pick it up? GL?

I'm moving this to the auxiliary equipment forum by the way.

OSO

Power is same to move crane and to power hydrulics ,6V53 Detroit Diesel . Trany is 5 speed with 4 speed auxually box and power divider lock air switch to control rear ends . One straight looking crane! Yes it has TWO WINCHES!!! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks