• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton/deuce passengers

NSEngr

:confused: Hi everyone! I will soon be driving (in 3 weeks when completed) a restored M54 5 ton troop truck. I'm new to this arena, having never really owning a military vehicle, just a bunch of older autos. My question is: Are there any laws that anyone knows of restricting taking passengers in the back of this unit? My teenage kids would like to take a bunch of friends a go places in it this coming summer. The reason why I ask is lack of seat belts. Does anyone know???

MVtrucker

Strict laws in NJ governing this. $1000.00 fine if done wrong. Sure hurt the farmers that carried their help to the fields. We seem to get away with passengers in the truck bed when we're in a parade.

CGarbee

In NC, parade's are one of the exempt items for the seatbelt law... You would be ok in a parade even without the CDL as well, but getting the truck to the parade would be difficult as you would need one for that part of the ride...

Anyway, I have a page on my website that details the North Carolina law regarding the transportation of kids and other folks in the back of pickups and other open trucks. May or may not help you, each state is different...

Look at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/kidlaw.htm

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell, hey man, welcome to Steel Soldiers! This is the first time I've seen you here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks