• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL found a new way to screw us.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just noticed in the last few day that Government Liquidation has been erasing listings after 24 hours. If you are a GL watcher you probably know that they have in the past removed the auction master lists thus limiting access to the individual auctions. If you knew how to look, or need to look at your past purchases thru you account options you could find then though. Now they are deleting them even for the buyers of lots. Those lot listings are the actual information that buyers used to determine their bids. They include the pics, and the actual full lot descriptions. The invoice you receive is actual cleansed of most of this info. The pictures are gone, and descriptions are truncated drastically. Here is an example I won this lot yesterday. It is a multifuel engine. Today it is gone. http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1126683

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Government Liquidation finds a new way to screw us.

probably tired of having people be able to point to the www and complain that what they bought was not what they were given. Cheaper to remove the evidence than make up lies to deal with the complaints.

carguy455

"A complete listing of the past bid results will only be viewable for 24 hours following the close of the sale. However, the lot numbers and high bid amounts will remain posted for your convenience. "

GL does something for our "convenience" ? :?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Personally I think it is time to offer to not pay for that auction unless I have access to the lot description. I did not print out the info on that one. I hope everyone can drop them an email at least demanding access to your own purchases.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd bet that it's fallout from the F14 stuff.. Some Congressman cant pull up an old auction saying "Look, see, that nut is from an F-14, so lets ban all GL sales of nuts"
Just my 2 cents.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that whole F-14 thing was a load o crap. So Iran wants to get spare parts for a 35-yr-old airframe that is obsolete and out of our active inventory. Who cares? I think it was a ploy to shut down the surplsu system once and for all for us people in the free world, so we can't buy military equipment of any type anymore.

carguy455

maddawg308 said:
I think that whole F-14 thing was a load o crap. So Iran wants to get spare parts for a 35-yr-old airframe that is obsolete and out of our active inventory. Who cares? I think it was a ploy to shut down the surplsu system once and for all for us people in the free world, so we can't buy military equipment of any type anymore.
Then we all better "load up" while we can before we cannot anymore. I am planning on getting an assault rifle before the new "ban" goes into effect.. Wheres the best deals ?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can tell you that I have found way more things in lots than they advertized and in the long run I am probably way ahead of them shorting me on a lot. I try to save the pictures and page on any lot I am serious about it has helped me ID the lot when I pick it up and the GL guys always pay attention to the pictures they do not have on file. Too bad that they are dropping the data and pictures it just does not make sense to me.

jeli

The only way to make sure is to print or save everything. I've caught a couple GL postings with pics of two different trucks. I e-mailed them on one because I was really interested in one but not the other. It turned out to be the one I didn't want. I did get a reply from GL thanking me for the catch.

I've also gotten deals on stuff that I printed and brought into a retail store that also had a website. My in-laws got roped into a we'll sell your timeshare deal. As they were looking at the internet and complaining to the company on the phone the web page they were looking at wasn't available. Had they printed to page first they would have had a leg to stand on when they disputed it through VISA.

It is interesting that my civilian company must now keep all electronic documentation, including e-mails, for seven? years just like taxes and other paper legal documents.

NEIOWA

Real pain in the butt. Really useful to google on an NSN and have a Govliq auction come up. Very helpful in figuring out what an item/vehicle is.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I called them up today to ask about this issue and pay a bill. I was told that it is a glitch in the system that they are trying to fix. I am a bit skeptical about this response, but I guess we will find out.

Michael

I just looked and it is still doing it. Luckily, I haven't bought anything lately. I did miss a few items that I was watching.

I am proud to see that someone else thinks this is MV related. I tried to post this on the MV mailing list and the list administrator blocked the post.

FrankUSMC

I got lucky on the last auction....till I picked it up.
Good news, the write up stated soft top, but photos showed the truck had a hard top, got lucky, she had a hard top!
Bad news, they damaged my truck while loading her, then the wrecker driver swings wide on our farm and the truck hits a tree taking out one of the windows on the van body (M109 truck).
One of the few, Frank

Michael

M109's are one of the things I like to watch and save. They don't ever seem to offer any close enough to me to bid on but I like to keep up with what they go for. Hopefully your bad luck is behind you and it will fire up and run without any surprises.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank,
They also must have dragged it out from sitting next to mine, as there were big skid marks and then treads... The GL guy laughed and said that whoever pulled it out finally realized he had left the parking brake on....

Hope it isn't damaged too bad. Our M109 was missing the forward injector cap and return line down to the IP pump, so we had to tow it.

a68cudas

Ive been trying to view myself to see what vehicles go for and cant. Funny how when you click on any other past bid results for anything else but the vehicles they show listings

dm22630

Ive been trying to view myself to see what vehicles go for and cant. Funny how when you click on any other past bid results for anything else but the vehicles they show listings

The only way to see what the final price of a vehicle is to bid on it & check your "bid history" once the auction has ended.

2cents

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing like resurrecting a thread that is 2 1/2 years old....................:-D

Welcome to the madness of GL Land...............

a68cudas

The only way to see what the final price of a vehicle is to bid on it & check your "bid history" once the auction has ended.

2cents

yea that really sucks looks like they dont want ya to know what the vehicles go for and they dont care if ya know what all the other stuff goes for as you can see past bid results on everything but vehicles THATS LAME:evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks