• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner questions

mnormand04

Hi all. I bought a 62 Swiss Unimog a few days ago and drove it from South Lake Tahoe all the way to Monterey, CA. It definately was an expierence and good to know that mechanically the Mog is strong. I've been looking for links to an online repair manual but most posts contain dead links. Additionally, I've been looking for what the stock spare tire mounting bracket looked like so I can make sense of the box of random parts that came with the truck. It was mounted at one point, but the previous owners took the spare tire and tool boxes off to rock crawl. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Last edited:
The spare is held in place with a J-hook and handle. Readily available at any Unimog parts company. Any of the dealers will be able to sell you the official MB documentation. Assuming you have that documentation and might want a backup do a google search for: ARS Technica Unimog

You should find an 89MB data file on numerous download sites that has about 900+ pages of 404 English documentation.

Cheers,

Scott

AV8R

mnorman04 I have all the manuals for the SEE, -10, -HR, parts and repair manuals. Send me an e mail address and I'll send the to you!

cucvalbanese

Hi all. I bought a 62 Swiss Unimog a few days ago and drove it from South Lake Tahoe all the way to Monterey, CA. It definately was an expierence and good to know that mechanically the Mog is strong. I've been looking for links to an online repair manual but most posts contain dead links. Additionally, I've been looking for what the stock spare tire mounting bracket looked like so I can make sense of the box of random parts that came with the truck. It was mounted at one point, but the previous owners took the spare tire and tool boxes off to rock crawl. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Hi. Do you live in Monterey? Contact me, I am in Seaside. 831-324-3267. Totally willing to get my hands dirty if ya would like some help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks