• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone dealt with New Life Canvas?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New Life used to have a very good repuration, but the company was recently sold to new owners and I do not know if anyone has bought from them since the changeover, so who knows now.

butch atkins

soft top for m211

look back in this forum,the early deuce,for this topic,soft top for m211,posted by me on 11-11-05,i have bought tops and cabbacks,and other accesssories from beach wood ,new life,weebee webbing ,mike sincovic ,gave a rating and a story about each ones products,have used them all ,BEWARE OF WHAT YOU BUY,ALLCANVAS IS NOT CREATED EQUAL,BE SURE TOREAD THIS POSTING BEFORE YOU SPEND ANY MONEY,if you still have any questions email ,will be glad to answer any questions,good luck,keep us posted on how you like what you bought

citizensoldier

RE: soft top for m211

I have not purchased from them directly since they changed hands. I did purchase a M37 cargo cover from Midwest Military that was supplied by them. It was top notch stuff. The good thick type and just like the original.. I have also met Ryan from MN who's girlfriend bought out the business. Very nice fella. He posts on here from time to time and is a good friend with John Bizal.. He gave me samples of what she is using with prices. They seem to be the highest of quality to me and not a big back log like the other major producers.

ryan

canvas

Did you get your fingers straight yet after white knuckling all the way back from MN??

Yes my girlfriend Mona bought out Judith from New Life Resource. Flew out to Vermont and rented a truck and moved everything to Minn. The business is set up at my house. There are patterns for about everything. Mona has a couple different cavases and Coverlight vinyl she has been working on a website check it out www.newlifecanvas.com.

If someone is interested I have a winter insulated hood canvas from a GMC 211/135 appears to have been NOS but it is a little dirty. I also have some box bow uprights and corners, the all metal ones off 211/135.
thanks Ryan

Elwenil

RE: canvas

A few of the guys at The M715 Zone have bought stuff from Mona and have been pleased with what they purchased. The quality is there and seems to not have changed with the change of ownership and from what I gather the new owner is great to deal with and will work with you if you want some customization or oddball work done to your top.

citizensoldier

Hey Ryan.. It was a very long trip back that time.. But the old grizzly bear "Clint" kept it between the trees anyway. He has been back to your parts once already after a M101.. That trip was a long adventure for him. It took 3 days after his new to him Dodge diesel broke down twice and had to be towed.
I was off to Fl for 80 degree weather after that -35 tundra about killed me..I ended up staying 5 weeks.
How are things accross the pond and over one anyway?

D5

I just received my M135 top and back and seat covers from Mona. EXCELLENT Workmanship - heavy duty canvas!
Prices are very competitive, and lead time is long. Well worth the wate!

nattieleather

I've heard nothing but good things about Newlife. The only bad thing I've heard is that she is backed up so it takes a while to get your order. Probably some bugs she has to work out.

majortom

ryan i am looking for the artic grill cover i am interested in your hood cover i also am looking for a soft parts suplier for our gmc business we should talk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks