• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this crane, thinking of buying...

carguy455

Truck runs and drive, actually has brakes, runing off a gas can, owner has not had the crane running, says it has a Datsun engine..truck has front driveshaft removed [ comes with truck though ] so I am assuming it probably has a bad sprag...thats about all I know so far.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have a hard time getting parts for the Datsun engine on the crane. Though it may be a good candidate for a repower to a diesel.

For $2K or best offer, GO FOR IT! And paint it GREEN!

Towerguy1

Looks like you have a winner Garry. When are we picking it up? I gave it some thought but it doesn't fit my battle plan. Still looking for a crane though...

carguy455

Towerguy1 said:
Looks like you have a winner Garry. When are we picking it up? I gave it some thought but it doesn't fit my battle plan. Still looking for a crane though...
I dunno, when are YOU able to get a "hall pass" ? lol ! Your deuce isn't road ready yet this year so I don't know of anything else I could tow it with unless we con someone out of a lowboy and a tractor. Well if we had me , you , Colyork, con patch into it [ he's close ] maybe Boatcarpenter..THAT would be a big enough crew to DRIVE it under power...lol , all take turns driveing !!

Theres no law that says we have to leave that crane on that deuce Mike, we can come up with a 5 ton or a commercial truck somewhere...

colyork

went and checked out(no pics) doors need to be repaired/ replaced bottoms are rotted,most of the tires aren't very good. Cab looks to be in good shape. Air pack has been moved to where fuel tank should be, The truck has potential.

patch

And I have an M37 I need transported down my way on the return trip... Gary, I think you need to buy this, lemme know how I can help! Jon Kelley

carguy455

Well my 80 year old dad was down that way today and stopped to check it out, usually ol' dad is very negative about me accumulating more "stuff " , however, he seems to like this one ! Thinks its a winner....not sure if I should take that as a vote of confidence or as an omen ? :roll:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop debating and get it, or I'll come up and get it before you do! :twisted:

Then you would be really mad! Even if you don't keep it in the long run, you'll have fun with it while you have it.

carguy455

Ferroequinologist said:
Stop debating and get it, or I'll come up and get it before you do! :twisted:

Then you would be really mad! Even if you don't keep it in the long run, you'll have fun with it while you have it.
I just bought a bunch of Lionel stuff off Ebay so I guess I beat you to some trains ! :lol:

If I get that crane I'm gonna get in trouble with it, I WILL pull some foolish stunts with it ! :twisted:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
carguy455 said:
I just bought a bunch of Lionel stuff off Ebay so I guess I beat you to some trains ! :lol:

If I get that crane I'm gonna get in trouble with it, I WILL pull some foolish stunts with it ! :twisted:
I guess I need to bring some of the books I've written about Lionel to Aberdeen, along with the MV books!

Regards,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks