• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW II Vehicle Marking Reference

ONTOS66

I just uploaded a copy of AR 850-5 which covers the marking of assorted equipment, including vehicles. Read it and the changes and it should answer some of the questions about the meaning (or at least origin) of bumper numbers, as well as showing what goes where on a variety of WW II vehicles.

Hope this is of interest to you folks with the older iron.

:D

Wolf.Dose

I somewere have a 44 and some very early 50's version. However, in some basics, they are common. Mainly the unit descriptions and related markings changed. Korea gave some cut in marking.
And I have a version for the early 70's and one of the mid 90's. However, all in paper or as a very big pdf. file. Unit dscriptions were main issues. Star colours changed in the end of the 60's to black. However, marking positions for the stars are allmost the same since WWII.
Wolf

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks