• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Pionier trailer TM ?

citizensoldier

I am looking for any TM's on the pionier trailer series that sits on the M116 3/4 ton chassis? Anyone have it or know where I can find one? Also if any of you have some of the origanal tools out of one I am interested. I am missing the angle grinder and sander,skill saw to start. The one I have belonged to the army corp of engeniers and is the smaller type. They called it the Armadillo style, its a 1960.
Or do any of you have one that is complete you could send me pictures of? Some tags are missing on the inside not sure what goes where?
Was that a welder that sat in the back? What tow 1'x1'x? boxes were strapped in the passenger side front? Thank you

Attachments

odjeeper

Have Never Seen A Manual For Them...

I have an M116 chassis manual, but have never seen a manual for the pioneer version specifically. In the back of the trailer was usually a 3K generator according to what I was told. There are some id tags still fastened in several places in mine, but doubt they will be the same as yours, since different units seem to have set them up according to their specific needs. Mine is the long box unit also.

citizensoldier

RE: Have Never Seen A Manual For Them...

Just downloaded the TM specific for the Pioneer trailers both big and small from papercu.. Very interesting. Most had the generator like you said just inside the rear doors. Skill saw, hammer drill,gas powered cut off saw, lots of stuff. Very cool.

ONTOS66

Please try to upload that info. I've been looking for it too but to date haven't had any success. Just the TM for the current basic trailer and it has had "improvements" that ours don't have. Like a crank up front leg, better brakes, better lights, and so on. I have a feeling that the two versions of the body and the contents must be listed in some old manuals (which won't be on CD) under tools sets, or shop equipment, etc.

citizensoldier

I sent it to Kenny (Recovery4x4) so he can put it on the site. Mike told me he is the manual guy.I can forward it to you if you PM me your regular email.. Did yours have any tools in it? Which version is it? Got Pics?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Folks, accept my apologies but the manual cannot be uploaded to this public forum. It's not approved for public release. Whatever you folks work out between yourselves is fine. Hope you understand.

vtdeucedriver

I got one, getting dark here, I will take some pics tomorrow.............love mine. Paid 400.00 at a town auction not know what it was for. The door hinges were dryrotted but it did have 2 brand new 9.00x16's. too handy to have, got it full of all my camping gear.

vtdeucedriver

BTW it did have some of the brackes for the generator mounts and the flood light was in it...................if anyone is interested, I would part with it.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine

Couple of shots of mine, I got it through the DRMO in Little Rock for $400. I also have the 3KW gen set in it along with the cable reels.
James G.

PS: THe mount on the front of the trailer is for the spare, it came with an M37 style spinner to hold the wheel in place.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Mine

Man, I'd love to have one of these pioneer trailers. Hope. when I finally decide to get one, they are cheap and available...

citizensoldier

Hey rumblecat. Can you post some pictures of the genset so I can get a look at just which on it is and how it was mounted? That would help me a little. That sucker looks almost new!! They must have kept it inside or something?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have it over in Oklahoma in storage, next time I am over there I will email you the photos, I had a hard copy of the manual that come with the trailer but I can't find it now??
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks