• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

government liquidation sucks again

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, I got here at quarter till 10 for my scheduled 10 o'clock load out. I am sitting here with 7 other vehicles waiting for them to get their crap together. Why schedule load outs when you can't keep up? What a crock. Once, I had a noon appointment and didnt leave till 7. What a bunch of hacks.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I love getting stuff from Jackson or Eastover. "Hey Tim, I got a truck to pick up." 'what time can you be here?' "I'm at the gate" 'ok, you know where it is?' "Yep" 'Alright hook up and get with me for paperwork before you leave'

90% of your GL experiance has to do with the people working the site you purchased from.

Sorry they are yanking you around Gimp.

212sparky

Last one I did at lockbourne, I arrived an hour early and it took 4 hours for them to pick 5 pallets that were sitting 80 feet infront of the dock I was at.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to be the anti-gimpy, but I always seem to have good experiences with GL, or at least neutral. I cannot say that I have had a bad experience with GL at all, I must be the only one. I have had, however, problems with getting on bases (not GLs fault), a few items were not as good as exacted (my fault, didn't screen the items), and yes, I've had a couple problems with backlogs of pickups at GL, but that's just part of being in America (lines wherever you go).

gimpy, love ya like a brother, but if GL sucks so bad for you, why do you keep giving that hooker your money? Guess you like them sucking.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always show up early for my appointments and get out fast, lucky I guess.
Last time I was at Lockbourne I was loaded, chained down, and back on the street 15 mins before my appointment time.

Have same results at Broad Street on the east side and no problems at W-P.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Good to know about Lockbourne. I was going to go there, but got rerouted to OKC, where they were promptly on time.
I just had my package picked up there and it was shipped UPS and arrived yesterday. Cost me $127 total and it was well worth it for the two boxes shipped.
If I ever have to go there, I would be largely teed off if it took that long and I had a 12 hour drive home after all those delays.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot say about the long wait times, but if there is a discrepancy with your manifest at Lockbourne, simply get on the phone and call either the Lockbourne PD or Ohio State Patrol and file a theft report---- its funny how quickly they can all of a sudden find your missing items when the cops are on their way out.........

CGarbee

I had a pickup at Cherry Point yesterday... :) It was a great experience. Loaded and out the gate one hour after I entered the base (most of the time spent strapping down my load). Only confusion is that he thought I had a Tuesday pickup and I thought that I had a Wednesday pickup...either way, I called him when I hit the gate and he was on the forklift waiting for me when I got to the GL building.

I also have great experiences Lejeune... I did have to wait a while once for them to find the CUCV with the jumper cables (and when I realized what the delay was, I pointed out that I had a set in my truck along with a towbar and we have not had that delay again...)... I spend more time talking to them then I do loading most days. :)

Cecil at Bragg is great. Eddie, who used to run the yard, was wonderful too. Call down and tell them that I have something to pick up, that I am on the road and don't have my paperwork in hand so that I can't tell them the sale or item number but that I need to run down and get it, and it is ready when I arrive (stacked in "my corner").

Getting on base is easy at all three. Different process at each, but easy (sometimes it takes a while when I drive the truck and arrive during "rush hour", but you can only push vehicles through a gate so fast...).

Come to think of it, my experience at Meade was excellent as well...

Only times that I have had an issue was at Albany, GA, and at Ft. Gordon, GA (both a case of finding the GL rep once on base since he was not at his office location--I was on time for both pickups...).

I think Ferro is correct; it depends a lot on the person at the site... :)

hdexpert

When Bill was the load out guy at Lockbourne he would pre stage lots and everything typically ran very smoothly. Management should be aware of the current issue and go back to pre staging pick ups. We'll see how that goes....

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knock on wood, I have always had good experiences with GL personnel. The only gripe I have is it's sometimes a pain in the A to get on the base because of security procedures; but that's not GL's fault.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had little problem at Sam, Hood, and Hooks. It's also good to have a contact up their chain of command who can rattle some cages if necessary.

goldneagle

I have been to Eglin AFB, Camp Shelby, Ft. Polk and Pineville and I was always treated well and loaded up fairly quick. I have even showed up early for my appointment and had them hook me up ahead of my appointment time (once the scheduled people were loaded up) So I would give GL a A- or A for local service. Pineville gets an F to D- for security of our property. But that is a different matter.

PETE BALLARD

Yup, I got here at quarter till 10 for my scheduled 10 o'clock load out. I am sitting here with 7 other vehicles waiting for them to get their crap together. Why schedule load outs when you can't keep up? What a crock. Once, I had a noon appointment and didnt leave till 7. What a bunch of hacks.
IF you had delayed them would there not be some type of demerrage chage????? so why can it not be applied back at the shipper? If you were on time as scheduled you should be able to recoup waiting time. Just my opinion. Atleast that is the way things are handled in the normal world.

Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks