• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone recommend a HVLP paint gun?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know of a good deal on a good quality HVLP paint gun setup, both for primer and paint use? End of the month is paint time, and I'm in the market for a good gun.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There have been many recommendations here about the low cost pot guns from Harbor Freight and Northern.

fasteddie

I have a Sharp HVLP gun , probably had for over 10 years . It's easy to use , sprays nice, just took a little time to learn how to set it for pattern & flow . It lays it on good with pretty much no oversrpay .

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you are buying a good paint gun, you should have 2, one for primer and one for color.

If you want really good stuff, look up Sata. Just google it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a binks M1-G that is great and I think was right at 200/240 new. I personally don't like the cheap imports and the SATA is the best i've used, but you will pay for it. I would not buy SATA unless you did it for a living. :wink:

rdixiemiller

The Graco Delta sprays are good guns, as are DeVilbiss and Binks. If you are spraying CARC, there is no advantage to using a good gun, matter of fact the silica in the CARC will wear your needle, seat, and packing rather quickly. I would use a cheapie Harbor Freight pressure feed gun for about $40 bux if I was just doing MV's. If you are doing a hotrod, then spend the money on good equipment. Sata is some of the best, and some of the most expensive as well. Definately professional grade stuff. In industrial shops you find Graco, Binks, DeVilbiss, Kremlin, Sata, and a few others. Expect to pay $250-350 for a good gun, $100 for a pressure pot, and $50 for a water trap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks