• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

POR 15

carmen

I have used POR-15 on a number of different project. My Jeep, M37, Trailer and now the M715. Now I want to do the same for the M135 Deuce. I always painted the frame and underside of the body and cab with a paint brush.

What I wan to know has anybody ever used a spray gun putting on POR-15 and if so did you thin it out? How did you clean the gun out?

Thanks

Carmen

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't remember if I thinned it, but I do remember there being instructions for use with a paint gun either on the POR15 website or the back of the can.

I cleaned the gun with a lot of lacquer thinner and have used it many times since with no issues.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the good rust preventers and converters are expensive. What gets REALLY expensive is the fact that the POR 15 works best when you use it with POR15 paint, which doubles the cost.

ONTOS66

Thanks for the info - I down loaded their brochure - to add to my list of spring things to do. Today we had a light Easter snow (no joke) so it was a tad too coolish for working on the CUCV in the driveway. Spring will arrive eventually and I'll be able to address some of these types of projects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks