• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Deuce

Superdave

Hello to All

I just acquired my fist deuce :D It is a 1952 M135 CDN that has been restored from the ground up with the motor to the diffs replaced with Government rebuilds and the rest of it with NOS parts.I cant wait to get in and drive it if it would stop snowing again :x It is nice to find a site for the GMC deuce and the wealth of information that it can have.

Dave

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

That is a beautiful truck. Welcome to the site and you're quite right, this is a fantastic site with lots of great information, including the people.

Andy

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck! I'm not too familar with the M211/M135 series trucks; are the data plates in the cab supposed to be mounted right there by the steering wheel? Most of the rigs I have seen that are Vietnam era or later have them mounted flat on the dash or near the glovebox.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good grief, that's gorgeous!!! :beer: Congratulations!

Superdave

Thanks for the comments. The only thing now that I would like to find is the factory cab heater or any of the other arctic winterization kit for it, as it gets cool in the cab on them early spring and late fall days.

Dave

pa.rich

Amazing restoration on that truck! The pains someone went through! That truck looks nicer than new! I own a XM211 , a 1952, so I know how much work it takes to get it that condition. You can be proud to show that anywhere. One question though, is that lever on the left of the steering column for turn signals? Mine doesnt have signals. I know where there is a junk one in N.Y. I will look for the heater. I thought I saw one in it.

Superdave

Thanks for the comments again. The person that did the original Restoration was out of British Columbia some where. The signal light switch and flasher are the newer type electronic that you can purchase just about any where. I have always wanted a deuce but they are somewhat limited up here in Canada with the M135 the only find usually unless some one has imported a M35. I normally could not afford a find like this so I was lucky the the past owner wanted to down size and I traded him a very nice Iltis and M101 1/4 ton trailer strait across for it. I hope to get one of the MLVW's that will hopefully becoming surplus in the next year or so ( a Canadian version of the M35 ). This truck was very nice before its restoration with the Canadian camo.

Attachments

davesgmc

SETOYOTA said:
Are you sure the pictures are not from 1952? That truck is new
I am sure that pic wasnt from 1952. They didnt look that nice new even.
No sags and runs in the paint like they were when factory frresh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks