• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch, Adelmans, Canton, Ohio

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a winch from Adlemans for Rdixiemiller. They have about 40 M35 winches. Looks like every one of them have been picked up and dropped about 4 times. Things to look for are winch handle, cable, chain, cracks in the housing, drum lock handle, bent brackets, broken bolt holes, and shaft turns. There are plenty of good winches, but takes a while to find one that has everything.

This place is BIG. Lots of deuce parts, and trucks. Lot of 5 ton trucks, some 10 ton, and one lonely M37. Guys were good to deal with.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pics of the yard.

Attachments

Last edited:

Armada

I see that yours came with a winch cover... :) I was there in '04 and bought a winch from the pile. Here is a pic after I rebuilt, painted, and installed it on my duece. I see they still have those trucks lined up in the field. The guy said that the owner didn't want to sell them or any parts off of them. Too bad, they are just rotting away. Here are some pics I took when I was down there.

Attachments

rdixiemiller

Many thanks for going to the trouble to get a good winch out of the pile. It will be a lot easier to get mounted if all I have to do is re-seal it and shoot a coat of paint on it. Thanks again Stretch!!!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Stretch if you happen to be out there again before Aberdeen I would be interested in finding out about a winch too. How much do they want for them anyways?

jasonjc

I would be interested too. But all I need is some to pick one out. I would call and have Adlemans ship it to me. I just don't want the frist one they come too again :( .

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the first time I had a reason to go that way. Was limited in time, so didn't advertise my going. Winches are 295.00. If you get one shipped from them, it will probably be a good, but may be bent one. Don't think I will be heading that way anytime soon, but will let everyone know if I do.

Dennis

Last edited:

CGarbee

Speaking of winches and wire rope...
I have a five gallon bucket of CW lubricant that I picked up from my favorite surplus supplier the other week. I'm going to try to repackage it into smaller, more user friendly, containers for transport to Aberdeen...

I also recently managed to pick up a duece winch, pto, shift levers, etc for use on my M35A2 tanker on the farm. I need to acquire the driveshaft, frame extensions, and mounting brackets... So, if any of you have some spares, or are going by a yard that has them, especially if you can get them to Aberdeen for me, I'd appreciate it...

rdixiemiller

CGarbee said:
Speaking of winches and wire rope...

I also recently managed to pick up a duece winch, pto, shift levers, etc for use on my M35A2 tanker on the farm. I need to acquire the driveshaft, frame extensions, and mounting brackets... So, if any of you have some spares, or are going by a yard that has them, especially if you can get them to Aberdeen for me, I'd appreciate it...
I should have a pair of frame extensions at Aberdeen.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Dennis did they give you a deal on the winch at $295? The website lists them at $350. I am planning to place an order for one in the morning, and I just noticed this.

jasonjc

I got one 2 year ago and it was $275. I called them 2 days ago and it was $295. will be calling here in a bit giblet212ton is going to pick 2 out for me to day. Better get'em before they are all gone :wink: and I think he is picking one up for someone else too. going fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks