• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack Lubrication

Superdave

I received a 8 page book of sorts titled TECH TIPS by bob kettler with my truck and in it there is a tip regarding lubrication of the air-pak. It states that you should lubricate the air-pak every 6 months with some OHT oil. Does any one know what this oil is and where to get it as I have never heard of it? Has any one here done this before?

CGarbee

What you want to use is tool oil, same stuff that you use to lubricate you air tools...

According to FM 9-207 it is:
Hydraulic Fluid, Petroleum Base for Preservation and Operation (OHT) MIL-H-6083, NSN9150-00-935-9807 for 1 qt-can.

In other words "oil, hydraulic, tool" in the old parlance...

acetomatoco

every six months you put a half ounce of OHT in the air side of the PAK... no air in system when you do it or you will be really suprised...open a glad hand on the rear and leave it open so you have no mistakes.. Oht is sold in small bottles by Spruce Mountain Surplus.. ACE

davesgmc

On mine there is no air in the back of the chamber until the brakes are applied. Then air comes out,,,and all the oil that you just put in too,,what a mess! Is this right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks