• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DRMO stuff...hopefuly

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy that runs the Barstow DRMO said most of this stuff will be his soon. It is in the transition from "government entities wanting equipment"..GSA?..to going to his DRMO station. Only a few pics. There are boats, ditch witches..BIG ones, alot of 105s, 1- 10 ton tractor, M123, or the newer one, cucv's. 5 tons, 2 1/2 tons, tandem axle trailers, water buffalos.

Attachments

M1075

Basically, units turn surplus items into DRMO and then if no gvt. agency claim it, then it goes to GL for public auction.

M1075

Re: RE: DRMO stuff...hopefuly

pa.rich said:
That white boat, how is that military? Looks like for pleasure use. Was it confiscated?
Another question might be, "Why do you need a boat like that in the middle of the desert?"

Crazyguyla

The boats could be from MWR (Morale, Wellfare, and Recreation). The MWR had a sale here last year, lots of jetskis, wave runners, bass boats, jon boats and party barges(pontoon boats) went for cheap!!

NEIOWA

DRMO closed about 2/3 of the yards last year to "save money". As a result they are trucking surplus equipment all over to drop off at the yards that remain.

Typical fed gov't efficency improvement. Reduce headcount, exploding transportation expenditure. So you end up with boats in the middle for Mojave Desert.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea, now, if I turn something into DRMO in Norfolk, VA, they truck it to PA or NC. If another ship here in Norfolk wants it, they have to request it online, usually with little more than 'desk, wood' as a discription. You sometimes can ask for photos or more information (what kind of wood) and if the planets are all alined, and some guy in Ohio sneezes at 13:45 (1:45pm non mil types) in a south eastern direction, they may then THINK about getting you the additionally info. If you do deside to chance it and order the item, then they pay to ship it to you. And if when you get it it isn't what you wanted, they ship it back! waste waste waste

I used to go browse in 3 huge warehouses here in Norfolk, right down the road from the Naval Base. Got to touch stuff, and look it over. Saved my ship and this command thousands of dollars. Now GL has taken the entire former DRMO location over.

Government sure knows how to mess up a good thing!

FreightTrain

Banned
Basically,a Military unit decides they don't need a peice of equipemnt or the equipment is too old,worn out,out of date,tired to looking at it,etc and send it to DRMO.DRMO sits on it for X amount of time to allow lower government agencies and some Civil groups to request it to be transfered to them.If no one wants it then it is given to GL to either sell or allow their empoyees to steal.Even if they do sell it,it is about a proven fact that everything won't be there when you go to load up.Something will be removed and lunch boxed.

Cdub

Hi Freight Train, Thanks for post...

I've been checking the GL for a M923 / M925, but
there doesn't seem to be much listed and if they
are they're no were near my area.....

Does anyone know what the availability my be on
a M923 / M925 A1, A2 through the GL.....??

I know it's a real noobie question, but I'm new here to the MV's

Thanks for your help,

C'dub

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not many 900 series on GL............................. slim pickings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks