• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FOUND ONE!!?

RADMAN434

Found a 1942 Ford GPW. Not original engine but has original running gear. Also need windshield and frame. Needs floor pans and driver side panel. Body solid other than that. Guy has the title! Wants $600.00. What do you think? Also , the engine block casting code is 646628-L-W11A-N1-OR-N2. Any ideas?

OD_Coyote

Sound like a fair price to me...I paid $800 for a 45 MB in similar condition.
FWIW - I would run the engine block info by the folks on the G503 site.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's a deal. I'd still talk him down a little, but I only say that cause I'm cheap. A titled GPW is worth $600 in ANY condition. If you restore it, make sure all the parts you add to it have the "F" marked on it - it will increase it's resale value a ton for that reason alone.

Blythewoodjoe

RE: one

Where are you in central South Carolina? Always looking for local guys to chat with and share the cost of transporting stuff.

Joe Trapp
Blythewood, SC

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: one

what is the SN? does it have the glove box door with the data plates got any pics?

The motor is not a GPW motor

RADMAN434

Thanks for the help guys. I'm planning on taking another look this weekend to check serial numbers and such. The motor is a Willys Hurricane (don't know the year). The hood has had a hole cut to allow for the breather . pretty neat job so it should be easy to fix if I get an original motor. For Joe in Blythewood, I live in Bamberg. I'm going to try to attach some pics. I'll keep everyone posted. P.S. The middle data plate is shot. Can't read it at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks