• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Augusta, NJ on April 14-15

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone going to this event? I wasn't going to do Pottstown and Augusta, but I was unable to head up to Pottstown today due to inclement weather. Will definitely have to trek up to NJ for this show, since I need a few more things for my build, and this is the last show prior to Aberdeen. I need to pick up some paint, some odds and ends, etc.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be showing up in Vietnam period garb, complete with web gear and my radio pack with the PRC-25. I wish I could bring the AR-15A1, but I know how gun laws are in NJ. That's the reason I moved away from NJ in the first place.

ONTOS66

I know I'll be there, just not sure when. Due to Saturday job probably not until Sunday. Hope to meet some of you there. I belong to the club but due to work hours, etc. I'm not active at the moment. It should be quite a show from what I understand.

Still looking for a PRC-104 or GRC-213. :)

Swede

Where exactly in NJ is this? I will try to make it. Hopefully nothing going on this weekend. I would also like to meet some of you fellas, preferable before aberdeen, and the RC weekend...

ONTOS66

It is located in Sussex County, the North West corner of the state. At the junction of Route 206 and Route 15 behind the Skylands ball park. Look for Yetters Diner (home made desert!!!!)

Depending on where you are located, you can cross at Milford, PA and just follow 206 east, or cross at Delaware Water Gap and take I-80 east to 206 then head north through Newton, etc.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like this is gonna be a Saturday only type of show with the weather they are predicting.. The show may go on Sunday, but there might not be too many vendors hanging arround on Sunday. I'll be there all day Saturday, but dont look for me Sunday, unless things change weatherwise.. I'll be in the outside section.

pedormont

emmado22 said:
Looks like this is gonna be a Saturday only type of show with the weather they are predicting.. The show may go on Sunday, but there might not be too many vendors hanging arround on Sunday. II don't believe this will only be Sunday since the outdoor vendor areas are covered as well as the indoors and the option for more indoor space is available to the MTA. Anyway, it will only be the wanna-bes and wimps who couldn't make it Staurday and won't show up on Sunday morning. You can't choose who comes; only offer the same to everybody. I'm sure there will be raingear to purchase for those who won't ventire out in anything but mild sunshine but still need parts and accessories for their prizes and want to deal with people who know their stuff. It's a great destination with other things happening like the antique engines museum, good chow and (believe it or not) just sitting with other enthusiasts who enjoy a common hobby. Hello!? Is watching the tube better than getting out? Might as well start a stopwatch and sit on the john waiting for the end of the worls. Get out and go to the event and quit equivicotaing.

pedormont

emmado22 said:
Looks like this is gonna be a Saturday only type of show with the weather they are predicting.. The show may go on Sunday, but there might not be too many vendors hanging arround on Sunday. II don't believe this will only be Sunday since the outdoor vendor areas are covered as well as the indoors and the option for more indoor space is available to the MTA. Anyway, it will only be the wanna-bes and wimps who couldn't make it Staurday and won't show up on Sunday morning. You can't choose who comes; only offer the same to everybody. I'm sure there will be raingear to purchase for those who won't ventire out in anything but mild sunshine but still need parts and accessories for their prizes and want to deal with people who know their stuff. It's a great destination with other things happening like the antique engines museum, good chow and (believe it or not) just sitting with other enthusiasts who enjoy a common hobby. Hello!? Is watching the tube better than getting out? Might as well start a stopwatch and sit on the john waiting for the end of the worls. Get out and go to the event and quit equivicotaing.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
with 2-3 inches of rain expected, and 20-30 MPH winds for Sunday, I dont think many wiill be staying long, from my chats last night at the fair grounds. Dont forget, that many vendors have long drives, and dont want to drive in bad weather. I'll be staying as long as needed today.... So come on out and visit!

acetomatoco

Ace had a foot of snow yesterday and with another foot for Sunday...the 300 mile drive each way pulling a trailer full of MV parts at $3 a gallon has lost some of its glamor...ya all have fun... I have a State Guard Training today with Disaster Team assignments coming up for Monday... CUCV to the rescue...foul weather gear at the ready... ACE

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I regret to inform the populace of SS that I will not be going to this show, mainly because the few small things I need are not worth the 10-hour round trip to get there. I only need a few small things to complete my project, and paint (which I do need) would be cheaper for me to mail order, even with the Hazmat fee, than it would be for me to drive up there for it. Hope you guys have a great time, I wish I could go, but an empty wallet and high gas prices make long trips a bear....

However, will be at Aberdeen come hell or high water, I'm all set for that.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was a great show, saw Nick D. The show is going on tommorrow, with 2-4 inches of rain expected, 40-60 MPH winds. Needless to say, MANY vendors left Saturday afternoon. Some hearty ones stayed, I wish them well, and many customers tommorrow. However, I dont think either will happen. $3.00 hotdogs didnt go over well, but that was ALL they had. Soda, Coffee, tea, and hot dogs for lunch/dinner... Location was good, turnout was great, I would of stayed for Sunday had it not been for weather concerns...

5tonpuller

It was a short ride for me. (2 hours) Met a few SS guys. Picked on JT. ( he needs to be tuned up every few days) Great show. Neet trucks. food was out there. drinks was ok.
Wife and I had a great time. I think it was well worth it. Aberdeen be next. ( hope with more $$ in my pocket)

ONTOS66

I managed a quick visit first thing in the morning. Naturally most vendors were still setting up, or hadn't arrived. The location is great - lots of potential for future (bigger?) events. I didn't have an opportunity to meet anyone, since they a) hadn't arrive, or b) were busy setting up. Took a few photos which I will post from home tomorrow. Some very nice vehicles! Saw quite a few green beasts coming up Route 15 as I was leaving. A family that was camping at the campground where I work came to the show and really liked everything - they were disappointed that their son couldn't climb on the various vehicles - but also understood the problems with liability and the many hours spent on some of them. A thought for future events - contact the National Guard or Army Reserve and see about getting something big and green that people can climb in / on - like a M113 (we don't have many tanks left in NJ since the 50th Armored Division went away). Good exposure for the military and something that people can touch. Hope that everyone had a great time and that the weather will be better next year.

nickd

Hats off to the MTA chapter. The new location was great and the show was well organized! The show was well attended with many vendors and some great deals. It was great to see emmando and his son along with jatonka, the Baals family had the staff car on display, Alan had paint on hand for Steve Roberts and a few others, Bill Peasley was also on hand, Carl was there, and Rick Larson had his stencils for sale. i picked up some bargains and a few pricey items I could not live with out. See you all at Aberdeen!

IRWFO

Well done show with some nice MV's. I got in around 8am and it was nice and quiet. By noon when I left it was pretty crowded. I really didn't find anything I needed for my truck but did pick up about 50 back issues of Military Vehicles for a song. Should keep me plenty busy for the next few months.

Attachments

ONTOS66

I was short on time so I took a few "area" shots to include as many vehicles, etc. as possible. That M8 was driving around as I arrived (drool!). The M900s were coming in as I left (slobber!) (yeah, I went through a bunch of napkins while strolling about).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks