• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Upate

jfnemt1ff1

While today I have gone as far as I can,All iam waiting are some brake drums.The should be here on Monday. Have done the test run on the engine and trans everything turns like they should. So I hope to I can make my own deadline that I set at the start runing down the road my mid april and then off to Aberdean. Here are a few new pics. :D
John

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Incredible! I can't believe how quickly you turned that thing from an eye-sore to a show-winner!!

PS, I'm moving this thread to the Gama Goat forum.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, you gonna have all the markings and the red crosses put back on that goat prior to Aberdeen? I remember you said it was the ambulance version of the goat...

jfnemt1ff1

Mike I dont know if I will have all the markings on in time, I also am still tring to track down some of the heater parts. Marcus I used 24087 paint and My puppy was making it tough to paint he keeped wanting to get in the back.

BillIdaho

I have an extra insulated ambulance rear carrier cover(like new), that I would love to trade for a plain rear cover. I have set up mine as a communication model, and don't need this. If anyone has a regular one, vinyl I think, and wants to trade, I am going to Lodi for the show.

jfnemt1ff1

Good Goat Day

While after spending two days tring to get the brake drums on.I wound out the the stub shafts were bad. I had some extra so after a little more work switched out and the drums went on. Took it for the frist ride around the yard and also tested out the blige pump. While I guess it cant that bad this was the first set through the whole rebuild.
John

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's great John. It's great to see the bilge pump spewing water again after all those years. Looks like you'll have it done just in time for Aberdeen!

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice job John! I see the dog is if the first photo too...is that quality control??
Any plans to swim? Looks like you don't have to go very far.JimK

67Beast

I love the remains of the recent "April showers" we had here in the background in the pics. Looks like some cold water coming out of the bilge. Looking like it's getting close to being finished.

jfnemt1ff1

Thanks everyone after the brake drum problem I was ready to push it in to the pond 17 feet deep. Jim K I would like to try it in the pond if I can get the guts to try it, might wait till after Aberdeen. Dave I need to call you this week so we can talk about some decals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks