• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a mechanic and paint job for a M929A1 located in Hidalgo Texas - 78557

schoobie1

I puchased from GL a M929A1 that was towed to Hidalgo TX.

I need to get it running, install two or three accesories (jib crane, air compressor, tool box) and a full paint job in yellow caterpillar.

I had a local mechanic look at it and he could not find where the batteries were, so I now believe military trucks are not for just any mechanic, but for someone with experience in them.

Here is the link from GL with pictures of it.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5995314

From reports I found online, there are no known mechanical issues reported until it was delivered to GL site for auction. Then it sat there for a year or so.

If anybody know someone who can help me, or any ideas how to sort this out, I would greatly appreciate it.

If I cannot get it painted in yellow caterpillar and the accessories installed, I will have to sell it. It has a clean Arizona title showing 160 miles.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MEMBER MAP (see banner/bar near the top of each SS webpage) doesn't show an Members in the immediate Hidalgo, TX are, but a couple "near" who may know of others not yet pinned on the map.
Try PMing them and see if they can round up some help for you.
Vaya con Dios!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There has been some gauge swappingon that truck with 1416, miles: 146. The hours/miles figures out to 10 hours to the mile.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd suggest you find another local mechanic. Any big truck mechanic worth their salt should be able to work on it. Minus the 24v system and the m-series lighting, they are basically the same as any other commercial truck.

I'd run from a mechanic that couldn't even find the batteries (they are under the passenger seat). Either they just didn't want to fool with it or they have no business turning wrenches on anything.

Dracoheart

I live in Mercedes, TX about 10-12 miles from Hidalgo. I used to work over there in fact. I can look around for some mechanics a couple of my school district friends might know. There is also a couple of M932 owners around the Harlingen area that i can talk too. Just shoot me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks