• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting ready for Greenville, KY

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice day today to work outside! 50 deg, no wind and clear skies.

Installed DOT marker lights and one (so far) LED Stop/Turn/Tail light on the M103A3 trailer.
Later tonight I'll try to get a picture of it with the lights turned on. Curious about the LED compared to the regular light. On the deuce, I just replaced the buls with LED types and they are intensly red when viewed straight on, but the light does not fill the lens very well. The LED's work well in the marker lights.

This time I used the guts of a round truck led light and the image below shows it when installed inside the military tail light assembly.

Also got the license plate mounted.

While the weather holds up I'll scrape some flaking paint off and put primer on the really bad spots.

More later,

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder what a craneman does.... some kind of bird watcher?[^] [^]

Here is a rear view of my trailer with its new lights. The brakes are applied and the light on the right is the LED and the one on the left is the standard incandescents. The picture was taken with a digital camera and the color isn't correct for the LED one. It is however much brighter and more intensely red. :devil:

The trailer came from Kenny's yard. What would we do without Kenny? :confused:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[color=green></FONT>
<FONT]Cranetruck, you about ready? When are you shoving off?[/color]

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weather has become a factor. We have 8 inches of the white stuff on the ground right now. Had planned to leave tomorrow, but it looks like early next week. Chris is out of town Saturday/Sunday and I'm going to his place on the return trip.

Played in the snow yesterday with the trailer. Pictures later.

FSBruva

Hmm..... All I have is a 12 gallon Rubbermaid.... I guess I am going to be making a few more trips than I had planned...... :lol:

Matt

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Desert Rat, is there snow on the ground in Western KY/Southern Indiana? We still have about 4 inches here.
If not, I'll probably leave Sunday morning for a visit to Harold's on Monday.

Desert Rat

Bjorn,
At 64 sunny degrees there isn't a snowflake to be found anywhere for miles (YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!)(BTW, I can't STAND s**w, it's the nastiest four letter word in my vocabulary!). Forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy with a high in the lower 50's, Monday is mostly cloudy with the highs in the mid 40's. Tuesday is supposed to be overcast with the highs in the lower 40's. No s**w is forcast for quite some time.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, DR, I have some stuff left over from my fuel tanker configuration (M49A2C) that I need to bring. David Doyle purchased those items last year and I'll try to coordinate a meet with him (he is from the Memphis area). Some of his stuff is outside covered with snow at the moment. Oh, well..

Desert Rat

Bjorn,
In Memphis? S**w? Now? I can't believe they have near a trace of the stuff. The high here was 68! He must live underground in some hidden permafrost!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No DR, I (me, myself and I) have David's stuff here in VA. Here is where the s**w is. :)
I'm bringing it to David, or at least closer to him, if it works out for him.

Desert Rat

Ok I get you now. I've been correcting fourth grader journals and am getting a little punchy right now.....

Desert Rat

LH,
Actually, I've got a really good bunch this go around! I have to interpret their spelling a bit since sometimes (ALOT of times) they use words they hear but have not learned to spell just yet. It makes for some very interesting and sometimes just flat out side splitting humorous writing! Yesterday I laughed so hard while reading three different papers I was left gasping for air. I will not be surprised to see one or two try to be a stand-up comedian. These kids may live in poverty, but with their outlook on life it's very encouraging to teach them every day.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bjorn, are you planning on going to Memphis, then up to Greenville, then over thru Charleston, and then home? If so, when do you think you would be coming through Charleston? Monday mornings are great for me because I don't go into work until 11 or 12. Well, I just reread your message and it looks like you will be in Greenville Monday. Just let me know what your plans are and we'll see if we can make it work. Thanks.
Chris

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, have you been in contact with DD? Joe Shannon lives about 70 miles south on Nashville and does alot of running around for folks including me! He's buddies with DD and might be willing to run up to Howard's. Heck, Joe bought his M35A2 from Howard many moons ago!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks