• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA tracks in SC

Blythewoodjoe

Forget it fella's. Those have been sitting there a few years and they told me last year any more of these that where sold would have to be cut into 4 pieces. New demil rule or some nonsense. I watched one bid off a few years ago for about $4000. Word must have got out about the other because a few more sold after the one and they went for some real bucks.

Joe Trapp

jeli

These are the ultimate offroad RV. Sits four across the front seat. The cab heater gets so hot your could iron clothes on it. It's a long metal box contraption on the lower part of the dash. The rear area has metal bows and can have a hoist mounted to it for loading arty shells. You could mount bunks to them real easy. Kinda noisy but mows over dead trees like butter.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason they are a demil item is because parts from them could be used to support an armored vehicle...or so I was told. In other words, the engine, tracks, drive sprockets, etc. are the same on the M113s.

I've owned one M548A1 and one M1015A1...both really are the same vehicle, although they were used for different purposes.

Attachments

jasonjc

theres 1 or 2 in AR at foresty. they told me that they will sit there till they rot. They can't sell them and don't want to haul them back. :x aua aua

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jasonjc said:
theres 1 or 2 in AR at foresty. they told me that they will sit there till they rot. They can't sell them and don't want to haul them back. :x aua aua
Where's a lawyer when you need one? It's all in the wording. Don't BUY them, just offer the Forestry Service a large cash donation, even if its to the yard manager, in trade for you hauling them away and getting them out of their hair....
:)

jasonjc

The thing is they still belong to DOD. They were "lent" to the forestry.Under the old program the deal the department get title to the stuff. In the old days it went back to DOD and GSA sold it off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks