• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting M35 Troop Seats to M135

dabtl

Nothing to it. Well, maybe a bit more.

The front headache rack is 8 inches narrower. The outside dimension on the posts shrink from 38 or so inches to 31.

The over all width is 8 inches narrower and the cab sits higher than the M35, meaning I put the shortened slats at the top rather than second down as done on the M35.

I had prowled eBay for wooden bows and side boards. Found them, cut 4 inches off each bow end and put the side boards in as delivered.

I had read here about adding four inches to the side boards height to make up for the narrow bed. But, using the height as shipped from the eBay source I need to cut about 2 inches off each side to make a M35 cargo cover fit.

I cut 8 inches off the inner three seat supports, leaving the end pieces at the normal length. I will post pics tomorrow. It would appear the three inner seat supports if cut off properly will fit in the notches provided for on the wheel well by GMC.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lookin good so far! You'd be surprised how many M135/M211s over the years have had the beds removed and replaced with M35 beds. Glad to see you're bringing it back to original specs!

dabtl

We call that stuff premature Summer debris. It got up to 70 on Sunday. It will 105 soon enough. We enjoy Spring because we know that a lot worse is coming soon.

The sort of green stuff at the base of the tree is the hood. I still have a long way to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks