• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 corner bows & timing ?'s

MilitaryRestoration

what are the correct style corner bows for the cargo area? I have two different styles and one is taller than the other as well. So didn't quite make it to putting the new canvas on today :-/. Please some one help out. Thanks

Also-Took truck out today and noticed it's missing a little bit, any help in how to get the timing back in order....12v gun ok to go be run off only one battery or how is it done...?

acetomatoco

RE: M37 corner bows & timing ?

there is an adaptor kit for timing and other functions. Lets you put your gun on the Coil output. I have a used set here for $40. You can use a 12V gun by using just one battery. The adaptor kit lets you test generator and distributor and regulator and so forth.. 5 adaptors in a metal box 4910-348-7600 Set is used good condition and I can ship UPS or USPS or FedEx... PM me at rampartsllc@aol.com... ACE

CGarbee

The M37 bow corners have a "harder" angle then the ones for a M35 or a M715. I have photos of them on my website along with the dimensions for all the wood pieces (upright, cross, ridgepole, seats, etc.).

The M37 corners and those used on the M101 trailer are very similar, but are different. The M37 corners have the bolts on the SIDES of the corner, whereas M101 bows have the bolts coming in on the face that touches the canvas. The M37 corners have straps that hold the cargo tarp in place when rolled up. There is no provision for that on an M101 corner or tarp.

Bedwood dimensions are located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/bedwood.htm

A page with photos that show the bow corners (look at photos MM-YY) is located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos7.htm

Good luck.

dabtl

Are those the same bows as on the M105a2 trailer? They look the same without the lower extensions.

Mike_L

Timing

I run a set of jumper cables out the window from the battery box (off the first battery) to the engine. I wedge a piece of plywood (about 8" x 12") between the air cleaner and side panel, then hook the cables onto this. Then I can hook up any of the 12V stuff I need up there when I'm working on it. Keeps the cables secure and out of the way. I use the spark plug cable adapter piece in the adapter set for my timing light, the distributor adapter for my tachometer/dwell gauge. Works good, just like working on my regular car.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks