• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin to Aberdeen

Westech

CPL
Hey guys. As we all know the "big" trip is fast on its way. I will be coming from Madison WI, is there anyone from the mid west that wants to convoy? I will be hooking up with the Green Serial at "09MAY07 1500 hours
I-70 Flying J Truck Stop Millersport / Kirkersville OH (this is just east of Columbus, OH)"
Is there anyone coming from my area that would like to convoy out? 400 miles alone for me I'm not looking forward to

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Rich,

I think that so far it is just us Steel Soldiers members signed up for the western (green) serial. I'm not sure if it has been publicized with other mv groups. Maybe you could try recruiting from the M715zone, G503, MVlist, etc.

I thought that in one of my conversations with Cabell Garbee, he said that they (the convoy organizers) would spread the word to many other MV groups besides SS.

Are you coming through Indianapolis? I am thinking about stretching the starting point out to there in an effort to attract more participants.

CGarbee

We've posted notes on the MVemail list, the G503, G741, and YahooM38 sites. I asked a buddy who is over on the M715Zone to post a note there, sent a note to the MTAofNJ. Feel free to go and add a reply to those threads or start a few more since it will add to the excitement if thier is more action on the threads...
Please post a note about the convoy on you local MV club page if you have one. Tell all your friends about it directly... RECRUIT.

It is a whole lot more fun when you have a long column, and a lot safer as well, then when you are alone...

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech, I can't help you this year :( , but I do plan on driving out each year starting in 2008 :D . I'm 1.5 years from active duty retirement and plan to retire in Appleton, WI. Let's stay in touch however as I do plan on taking at least one of my M925s to Iola this summer. That said, I will be at Aberdeen this year and will be hanging out with Bruce Kubu - please look me up. Joe Czarnik

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Westech, sorry it took so long, I posted up on the 715zone to ask if anyone is planning on going. I will let you know if I get any responces.

Westech

CPL
Thanks guys. And GIJoe for sure keep in touck. looks like if things work out I will be spending alot more time in Oshkosh again. If you need help driving to Iola let me know I plan on going anyway

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks