• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color is this?

dma251

Anyone want to take a shot at guessing which color OD this is? I am gonna want to paint the HEMTT, but I really would rather have a solid OD color, and forgo the camo patterns.

This looks a bit darker then the 383 on my 5-ton.

Attachments

TheBuggyman

I don't know what color it is, but it seems that the driver's side very front and very rear tires are on backwards or am I losing it? And if I am not losing it, is there a reason for this on a four axle truck?

Am I putting too much into this?

dma251

I've seen that on many pictures of these trucks. I think it's probably due to the fact that the XL's run just as well in either direction and once they are mounted on a wheel you're stuck with that wheel being on only one side of the truck. That being the deal, I think it's basically a matter of grab what you've got and throw it on, either direction.

That's my best guess.

dma251

Was I bidding against you too? I guess I didn't make too many friends when I won that auction...

This is where the money came from to buy that hulk - As luck would have it I sold it earlier in the week... Otherwise there's no way I could swing it with the wife.... But she hated the boat, so it wasn't so tough.

She puts up with my toys, as long as I pay to keep a roof over our heads. It's give and take.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARC Green 383 for the paint.

As for the tires, that correct.. They are "bidirectional" so other than LOOKING bad, no harm is done.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pre 9-11, almost all vehicles shipped in OD, and if woodland camo was needed, it was "added" at the division level paint shop. Easier and cheaper to do the base color at the factory and add if needed the camo colors...

My M35A2's contract called for OD green, then the camo was added at the unit level.

TheBuggyman

DMA
No, I wasn't bidding on it. My wife gave me permission to buy another piece of heavy equipment that I do not REALLY need so I did not feel it to be prudent to stress her good graces. She is very tolerant of my hobbies and she loves the M813 but I know my limits!
Heck, she even drives the M813 on occasion, all 115lbs of her and she rows the gears like a Teamster! :shock:

That doesn't keep me from wanting that HEMTT though and seeing these in the hands of the general public fuels that desire! :twisted:

CCATLETT1984

another reason for mounting the tires "backwards" is that if you get stuck in soft stuff, you will be able to get a grab going in both directions. a lot of guys that play in the mud do this, it really does make a difference when you are stuck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks