• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucks at Pineville, LA

halftrack

Gents,

Took a trip to the GL site at Pineville, LA. If you are thinking about bidding on these trucks in the next auction, BEWARE. All of the trucks listed with the exception of the dump truck where underwater. All had water in the crankcases, severe electrical corrosion, and rust blistering all underneath. There is a M35A3 coming up on this auction. It too was underwater and the frame is twisted in the front. Corrosion was severe in cab and around motor. I will not be bidding on any of the trucks, however, if you have a particular question about any of the lots just respond or email me with your question. I'm pretty pissed about that M35A3, what a waste (some of the missing parts shown in the photos are in back of the truck).

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would think, if there were rising water in a flood situation, why didn't some Sgt. in the Motor Pool tell the Privates to MOVE THE TRUCKS TO HIGHER GROUND?!? Heck, why put out a PM Magazine with all sorts of great information about taking care of equipment if they treat expensive equipment like this?

It's almost like it's a conspiracy - leave a bunch of older, but servicable trucks to suffer irreparable damage in a flood, and then say "SEE? We need more money to buy expensive newer replacements at great cost to YOUR wallet." (when they could have saved the gear with a few hours of work in the first place).

jasonjc

You would think that they would not put a motor pool 20 feet below the gulf of Mexico. But they did and see what happen. As for the sgt in the motor pool he was to busy tring to save his famly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks