• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Focus People!!! Focus!

mangus580

Guys, we seem to be straying from our 'topic at hand' a lot more recently. I just wanted to take a minute and remind everyone, lets try to remember what we are here for. We are not a Gun Forum, a Political Forum, or even a Joke Forum for that matter... We are a Military Vehicle Forum. Lets try to keep it that way please?

Now don't take this the wrong way, I am not opposed to the occasional thread that may take a side tangent, but it bothers me the amount of 'Off Topic' discussion that gets the attention it does.

Thanks for understanding!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Mike:
I guess being a military related site we get like Soldiers sometimes and start talking about stuff so far out there the air gets thin. I think we get a lot of Off Topic stuff going since the world is so crazy these days. All of our trucks have or had rifle racks so gun talk comes pretty natural.

cbvet

Mike,
I have been guilty of getting "off-topic" by throwing in a joke or funny comment now & then, in the midst of another thread.
I'll try to refrain.
But I have to tell you, I do enjoy reading the "off-topic" items too. I sometimes agree, sometimes don't, but it makes me think.

Regards,
Eric
CBVET

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well said Mike. Off topic posts, politics and other fluff have killed some lesser forums and mailing lists. Moderators, keep an eye on your forums!

papercu

off

If posted in the correct " Forum" how is it "off topic" ?? Please note:

Conversations
Visit here to talk about off-topic things, tell clean jokes, etc...
Moderators steelsoldiers, Longhunter7, mangus580

Not trying to be a pain but I would like a clearer understanding. Wayne

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Focus People!!! Focus!

steelsoldiers said:
Well said Mike. Off topic posts, politics and other fluff have killed some lesser forums and mailing lists...
You got that right. :)

I find myself reading fewer and fewer of the posts on this forum, guess it's just the engineer in me.

Mike you have done a fabulous job on this site and hate to see it cluttered up with nonsense.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: off

papercu said:

Conversations

You are correct in your understanding of the conversations forum Wayne. There have been a number of off-topic posts spilling over into the other forums recently as well as people just posting all willy-nilly and not paying attention to the specifics of the category they are posting in.

Just use your best judgement here folks. We admins and mods need to do a better job of policing our own forums as well.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: off

I usually find the threads that I want to read by the "Latest Forum Posts" on the main page. It does not happen often, but I have seen some of these "conversations" forum threads push good military info off of it before its time. What about making the "latest forum posts" several pages to reduce this.

acetomatoco

RE: Re: off

No mv content, no post... Rule1... Rule2 refer to Rule 1

My M543A2 will come out of winter storage today... jump her with the cucv... and varoom.. ACE

papercu

fix

..or simply exclude certain categories from the front page....

That sounds good to me or move it to the left maybe something like the mess tent. Wayne

BTY
Post anything you want, including phone numbers of ex-wives...only censors here should be those paying the bills... WWII military tooth brush, used, sold.. ACE

carguy455

Re: off

papercu said:

Conversations

OK, so since nobody here with the exception of ACE hardly ever posts in "Conversations" anyway, its darn easy to talk it down, so why don't you just "eliminate" the "conversations" forum altogether and solve your problem ?

N1265

Personally.... I like reading your guys opinion about different subjects from time to time, I remember the help I got from you guys a while back about job references and issues about working for the rail road, one of the things that makes this place special to me is the fact that I can get your guys help no matter what kind of questions I have, ( including rubber roofing )

Although I agree that our main focus should be on the restoration on MVs, I think it would be a shame to do away with the conversations forum. To me, It is a valuable asset for the site.

carguy455

N1265 said:
Personally.... I like reading your guys opinion about different subjects from time to time, I remember the help I got from you guys a while back about job references and issues about working for the rail road, one of the things that makes this place special to me is the fact that I can get your guys help no matter what kind of questions I have, ( including rubber roofing )

Although I agree that our main focus should be on the restoration on MVs, I think it would be a shame to do away with the conversations forum. To me, It is a valuable asset for the site.
HEY.....STOP MAKING SENSE !!!!!!

Much like you Wayne I have found a site that has a STRONG military undercurrent to be an ideal place to get info on other stuff AS WELL AS info on MV's [ like ARMY tents....hint hint ] , I THOUGHT it was just like different channels on TV, if your not interested, don't watch/follow/read a particular thread...I guess all other info or opinion must now be gathered from other sites [ I wonder if there is a www.greencanvas.com , maybe I'll start one.... ]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks