• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a source for Aluminum disc

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am looking for a good source of an aluminum 6061-T6 or similar disc. About 8" diameter by about 2-1/2" to 3" long. I am looking to try to make a centrifuge bowl for filtering fuel oils. Unfortunately I have come to the realization that I can't afford the ones out there like the ones made by simplecentrifuge.com. My regular source of drops and such is cleaned out right now. Anyone have anyone online I could order from, or other source?

acetomatoco

I don't understand "sea" and "daimeter". However if you call Alcoa Service Center and get a block.. then machine away all the parts that don't look like what you want and then you will have the real McCoy.... In the meantime let us just burn all the hydrocarbon stuff we can get from donor countries... and then when they run out.. we will have the remainder and be warm and happy for generations.. especially with Mexico and Canada as our next two states... Truly the United States of North America... here in Vt, used engine oil is burned for heat in Commercial and Residential units...pretty cozy....

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ethan, there's a place by me that has all sorts of aluminum rounds like that. If you like, I will stop by there and see if they have the 6061 stuff. Do you care if it's thicker than 3" ?

I forgot, they are on the web, here's a link,
http://www.ipstool.com/
Go to the "metals" tab, there is 6061 rounds listed there.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Will that would be great if you could. So far I found two places on the internet thru ebay that will sell me by the inch. Three inches costing between $70-75 plus shipping. Anything cheaper then that would be great. I can deal with longer, but extra length will most likely end up as chips as I have no easy way to cut something that diameter squarly. Then again I guess I can deal with it not being totally straight as I will be turning this on a mandrel since I don't have a chuck able to handle this. If it ends up being resonable I would like to get two 3" sections in case I botch one, or a maybe 7" single length.

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
aluminum no longer needed

Hi gents,

This is Ethan's dad. He did purchase some aluminum cylinders, and used them to make disks which were then machined to make screw-on filter adapters. He will not be making more, as he died of sudden cardiac arrest in July. Several disks remain, and also some completed adapters which will be used to upgrade his M35. His milling machine (anyone interested in a three thousand pound Bridgeport) is still set up to complete the adapters, and I might try to complete the blank disks.

I he sent details to his buyers, I would appreciate getting this info, to see if I can copy it.

Mary and I plan to drive to Richmond this weekend, and spend two weeks at his house. I have submitted two ads which haven't been posted yet. One is for a HIAB that needs repair, the other is for oak panels for M35s and trailers that SS members can pick up for free (one set per SS) during these two weeks.

Steel Soldiers is a great online community. I didn't realize how active Ethan was here. All the members I have met have proved to be trustworthy. I guess that now that I have inherited his deuce, I will stay connected also. I can use the advice.

It is too bad that Ethan is AWOL, as his life could have been saved with a CPR trained person and/or an automated defibrillator. We plan to purchase one to take with us when we travel. We might be able to help somebody. Ethan was once a lifeguard, and had CPR training. I wish his work site (a school system!) valued training staff in first aid.

Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks