• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shifting and grinding gears

KC4MNE

1953 M37

When shifting from 2 to 3 I have to be EXTREMELY gentle pulling out of 2nd gear or I grind 1st on the way to 3rd.

Are ALL M37 this way or is there something wrong with the shift mechanisim / detents in mt tranny.

Manny

CGarbee

You're transmission needs some TLC. You should not be grinding anything.
Check the slop in the ball at the top of the tower (where the shift lever is attached) as well as slop in the shift rails first.
ABLinn has the complete rebuild kits for the first series transmissions as well as NOS shift towers (easier to replace then rebuild if this slop in these components is the problem).
Poke aroudn a bit, let us know what you find, and we'll help you get it back into shape.
Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks