• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't make Aberdeen, try SC the next weekend

Blythewoodjoe

It would appear some of you are like me and can't make it to Aberdeen this year. Well if you are near Columbia SC we are having out ground and air show the following weekend, May 19 at Ft. Jackson. Check out the link and I will post more when I find out more. I am a member of Celebrate Freedom Foundation and I will hopefully find out much more very soon. If any of you decide to make the trip, let me know. I would like to meet at the show and maybe I will buy you a coke. :lol:

http://www.cffthunder.com/index1.htm

In the past we have had quite a few military vehicles on display. This is the first year at Ft. Jackson so I don't know what the plans are yet.

Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Can

Sorry you can't make it to Aberdeen, Joe

Blythewoodjoe

It is a remote, very remote chance I may try to make a quick trip up there. Definitely not in an MV. Definitely not for more than one day.

When I started collecting these old rust buckets I had all the time in the world to work on them and could go anywhere I wanted when ever I wanted. The adoption of our only child in 2004 changed all that and it seems I find myself with less money and time to play with the old trucks. This spring I have decided to take the time I would spend hanging out with all you guys and spend it with my little girl. She will only be 3 once and she will enjoy the planes at the air show on the 19th.

If the weather permits (that means lots of rain that weekend so I can't work) and I get lots of work done between now and then I might drive my jeep wrangler up for a day. Regardless you guys make plans to run up to Columbia the next weekend. There might be some free parts for the old M35's laying around. :wink:

CGarbee

Joe, now you got me in a quandry... The ATHS/NCMVPA spring show at the Spencer Shops is the same weekend as the show in Ft. Jackson... The ATHS guys who put together the show in NC finally figured out that more of us would show up if they moved the date to a weekend after Aberdeen instead of the one before.... But then, I've not been down to your area in a while...

Hmmmm....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

We'll miss you at the show. If there is anything you want the guys further south on I-95 to bring back for you, please post your requests....

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think Joel (BFR) and I are coming out to this one, Joe. We'll come give you a hard time :p :mrgreen:

Tanner

Cabell -

Columbia, by way of Cross, SC, could be a good trip - hint, hint... :wink:

I'm getting threatened by Mom #2 for not visiting her in Columbia...

"Tanner"

CGarbee

Geez... I haven't seen her in years either...
I'm seriously thinking about it. It depends in large part on how sore my butt is from all the driving the week before.

Tanner

CGarbee said:
Geez... I haven't seen her in years either...
I'm seriously thinking about it. It depends in large part on how sore my butt is from the week before.
I'm glad that I know you... I could run wild with comments responding to part of that last post, but I'll restrain myself from jocularity - :shock:

I saw Mom #2 on her last visit to Rob's place - just sent her updated photos of the kids -

"Tanner"

Blythewoodjoe

Well here's some more info. There will be vehicles from every war since WW2 present on display. Anybody can have a vehicle in the show if it looks the period you want to display but it has to be there before the show starts and has to stay until the show if over. If anyone wants to bring a vehicle send me an email or PM (but no BM) and I will put you in touch with Dave the vehicle guy. I would suggest you just come and enjoy the show and meet some folks. Putting a vehicle in the show is kind of pain the butt. I will be hanging around as long as the little girl wants too. I will be wearing a 31st Aberdeen rally T-shirt and I will have a 2.75 year old girl, AKA the little Boss, at my side the entire show. This is her day with Daddy so when she gets tired I'm heading home.

The web site has the schedule and so forth. I can tell you there will be a very nice running M3A1 half track as well as a M3A1 scout car there. Very nice vehicles. Lots of jeeps and Deuces too. Some pretty nice. The air show is at 12:30 and there should be lots of planes there too.

If you are thinking of driving your deuce to the show you might have trouble getting in the main gate. Just cars there usually. I can tell you which gate to take and how to get to the air field if you are not familiar with Ft. Jackson. If you are coming in a regular sized truck or car take gate 2 and keep right. You will need your cars valid registration and proof of insurance as well as a picture ID for everyone. They have never asked for my child's Id. Once you are though the gate keep strait until you see Burger King. I think that is the 3rd or 4th light. Turn left onto Lee road and proceed to tank hill (large water tank) and turn right at the stop sign. It's down there somewhere. MP's will be directing traffic near the field.

If any need more info or directions on Saturday call me on my cell. It doesn't have good reception at the fort but I talk loud anyway. 803-309-7928. Hope to see some of you there.

Joe Trapp

CGarbee

If I get out of the yard this weekend, it'll be to the Spencer NC ATHS/NCMVPA show... I've got a bunch of stuff to catch up on at the house, would be driving my M37 and feel that I've got to support the local group (especially since they changed the date of the show so that it wouldn't conflict with Aberdeen...).

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am having a very hard time freeing up the time I need to go to this event, I want to go and I told BFR we were going to go, but I really need to get caught up on stuff I pushed back in the rush to get the truck ready for Aberdeen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks