• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Rim / Tire Question

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are MRAP wheels, with much larger hub openings & bolt patterns...look like aluminum as well. Those are NOT for LMTV/FMTV trucks.

SEAFIRE

Update, we got five LMTV wheels / rims new for $125 each, the "tan" rims were wrong, thanks for the help, they had some with "Black" rims that were right.

Mike Wryley

I had some talks with Hutchinson, they do make a wheel that would fit the LMTV,
which I think is the same hub as a standard 10 bolt pilot hub that most over the road trucks used,
two problems that came up,
1. I got the impression that the 395 85R20 tires need to have either run flat or beadlock installed on two piece rims
or they will roll off
2, Hutchinson wanted to put tires on the rims as an assembled unit, I saw the $s going through the roof,,,

What I really wanted was some aluminum wheels to pimp my ride, so I think the best bets are pulling a set of
395s over an aluminum rim in the 14 x20 size, or go super single 445 65R22.5 on aluminum 10 bolt pilots.

I know someone has done this, I hope this isn't old news, and as I have yet to see any of these possibilities up close and personnel,
I could be full of bs

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Torres Recycling Sealy TX for aluminum rims with Goodyear MV/T 395's mounted. Yes you need the bead lock. These came off Caiman MRAPs which use the standard 10 hole Budd pattern.

Mike Wryley

Thanks so much!!

Call Torres Recycling Sealy TX for aluminum rims with Goodyear MV/T 395's mounted. Yes you need the bead lock. These came off Caiman MRAPs which use the standard 10 hole Budd pattern.
i will try them, probably the least cost route, greatly appreciate the help as I have learned way more than I wanted to about this topic

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will these "super single" wheels fit FMTVs ?

View attachment 865501
Yes, they sure do. And they have the beadlocks, too.

10-on-11.25" pattern, 20 bolts/nuts, 1st and 4th to the left of the valve are shorter (for the CTIS valve & hardware).

Note that the first wheel at least is missing its valve stem. Just make sure you get the correct ones. (HALTEC turret valve #AMG-4)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks