• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton master cylinder

groundog

:) :) is it possible to put new seals in the master cylinder without pulling it---what size seals di I need---new at this so have mercy on me---thanks

spragdrive

It might be possible to replace the master cylinder cups while the master is still in the truck, but I think that'd be asking for trouble. More than likely if the master needs cups, it also needs cleaned out. The main cup is 1 3/4, the backup cup is 1 3/4 O.D, 1 5/16 I.D.
There's new master cylinders on eBay for a little over a hunnert bucks, shipping and all. I've dealt with the guy and he is straight up.

acetomatoco

Izza easy job compared to most on the 5 tons... all the info is in the manuals... You can get a rebuild kit from most of the larger reputable dealers...and as was mentioned before, a nice new fresh assy can be had for about a C note... Remember to get that extra gallon of DOT 5 while you are at it, and you will probably need soldier #2 to help you with the bleeding...Don't forget to bleed the air pak, too... and put your oht in the air side of the Pak to keep it from rusting up... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks