• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat relatives?

SS Sniper 1939

Hi, I'm new here and needless to say this is a great site! Lots of information. Anyway, I have a couple of questions about the infamous "Gama Goat". First off, Do the motors on them have cylinder sleeves? Also, are there any kind of vehicle that is small like them with cargo space like the Goat that but not truck looking like an M-37 from the time period?
Thanks in advanced, Matthew.

byrdman1312

Gama Goat realtives?

Search the web, and check out the "Coot". There was another ATV built in the 70's that had a two piece body, but I can't remember the name. I remember the two body halfs had 4 wheels each. Go to route6x6x6.com and look there. I believe I saw somewhere that they are building a new and improved version of the Coot. I have a Gamagoat, but would love to have a Coot.

byrdman1312

I gave you some bad info. The website is route6x6.com, and the AATV was called the Sur-trek. The unususal locomotion website is a good one. It has every amphib. ever built there. The Melli was the Swiss vehicle that was most simuliar to the goat. I believe it may have been first, and may have been inspritaion for the goat.

SS Sniper 1939

Search the web, and check out the "Coot". There was another ATV built in the 70's that had a two piece body, but I can't remember the name. I remember the two body halfs had 4 wheels each. Go to route6x6x6.com and look there. I believe I saw somewhere that they are building a new and improved version of the Coot. I have a Gamagoat, but would love to have a Coot.
Yeah, the coot is a little small. I'm looking to haul firewood out from the woods with whatever I'm going to get. My Granfather who served in korea and vietnam got 7 m135's, 2 jeeps, 1 coot and a baker raulang forklift.But, None of it's in my reach with a dick of an uncle. I'll look on the sites you gave me and thanks to all of you for the info.:naner:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have a nice one for sale for $10k,comes with a title,fresh paint,4 new tires,new canvas cab cover.It is for sale in the classifieds.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the 3-53 aluminum block engine has cast iron sleeves like all DD engines. The Goats not exposed to beach environments do not typically have aluminum corrosion, but the steel parts can get eaten up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks