• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Show in NC (September 8, 2007)

CGarbee

For those of you who like to plan ahead... This was posted on the NCMVPA website this morning and I thought that I would pass it along.

"Hey Everyone,
I'd like to invite everyone on this forum to the 2nd Annual N.C. Military Vehicle Show on September 8th 2007. It will be hosted once again at Propst Crossroads Vol. Fire Dept in Newton NC. I think everyone had a good time last year and hope to see everybody that attended last year back again this year. Vehicle displays are free . Vendor spaces are available for $10.00 each thats a 10x10 area, concessions will be served by Propst Fireman and all profits and proceeds will go directly to Propst Crossroads Vol. Fire Dept. Directions can be got off yahoo map quest . Address to fire dept is 3169 Plateau Rd, Newton NC 28658

Contact Zane Gross 828-291-1243 for more info, Thanks Zane"

Zane owns a couple of M37's and such and is a member of both the NCMVPA and the Propst Crossroads VFD and did a wonderful job putting together the show last year and he has some real good ideas for making it better this year. I hope that a few of you can attend...

CGarbee

Just thought that I would bump this up to the top again...

I see that it has been submitted to MVMagazine (it's on the on-line version of the calendar now, thanks).

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had thought of attending this when you mentioned it at Aberdeen. I would be going as a vendor to get some my sides and stuff. How big is this compared to Aberdeen?

CGarbee

Re: RE: Fall Show in NC (September 8, 2007)

builder77 said:
I had thought of attending this when you mentioned it at Aberdeen. I would be going as a vendor to get some my sides and stuff. How big is this compared to Aberdeen?
It's a great show in a wonderful location (lots of grass, peaceful, fresh air, wonderful mountain views). It is MUCH smaller than Aberdeen... Last year, our first, we had a dozen vehicles show up for display. Had a bunch of guys from the MV club in Eastern TN who said that they would come since it was the closest show to them, but they didn't (it was raining over in Knoxville and in the Western NC mountians that day and overcast at the show so no-one faults them for not showing, we hope that they can make it this year...).

Come up on Friday night, camp out (or get a hotel), enjoy the fellowship and vehicles that are there on Saturday and sell some stuff. Just don't expect to have the crowds that you do at Aberdeen. :)

AMGeneral

Gonna bump this up again as time is getting closer,this year promises to be bigger than last year with quite a few more vehicles(hopefully).If I can arrange it the GOER will be making an appearance at this show as a static display,at any rate the 816 and the Deuce will be there.

CGarbee

Talked to a couple guys from down east (Wanchese, NC) who are planning on riding up Friday and spending the night...
Perhaps we can get together for some chow and take a gander at the ten tons...?

I'm still not sure what I am going to be driving/hauling up. I think that it will depend a lot on how the wrench turning goes this weekend... :)

CGarbee

I'm not particular.... As long as they have free drink refills... :)
I guess it really depends on if we stop at your place for a look see and eat in Morganton, or if we meet up in Hickory and eat there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks