• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Matching Swiss Semi Gloss Green paint for a Unimog S404.114 (1963)

saddamsnightmare

August 6th, 2013. I am trying to calculate a match for the Swiss Army Semi-Gloss OD they used on the 1963 Unimogs, as I have neither a RAL number and I am trying to figure a match to American made OD paints (for our Army's vehicles). The Swiss changed the OD green on the truck from the MB Germany Army semi-gloss, and I swear it either looks like our Korean War Semi-Gloss or the Vietnam Era Semi Gloss..... This probably should have gone in the paint & body forum, but since it is peculiar to the Swiss Unimogs, maybe we can save other folks from too much heartburn. The truck got repainted outside by one of its other American owners with Woodland green CARC equivalent, but as the truck sits out (too large for the garage), I figure that the Semi Gloss ought to make it possible to wax the truck (perish the thought), which should ease the aging that Unimogs get from being outdoors here in beautiful Illinois..... Thanks Again!fat lady sings

kerismo

As I am in the market for paint as well I'm all ears to the answer if you find one...

My rims are out to get lips straightened, media blasted and epoxy primed as we speak.

Bed then cab next.

Keri

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks