• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Register for the East Coast Convoy!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C'mon people, we only got a couple weeks left, and I notice that as of this minute, there are 28 trucks listed on the ECC website. This is great news, but I know that the first ECC in 2003 had about 34 trucks attending. You'd think that with the increased interest at Steel Soldiers into the ECC participation, that there'd be more urgentness to sign up, and it would be BIGGER than ever. We need to get as many trucks in the ECC as possible, and make this the best ECC to date!

Signup is free, simple, and you can get the T-shirt for the ECC, which also gets you a BBQ dinner at Aberdeen MV show on Friday night. Here's the website link - DO IT SOON!

www.eastcoastconvoy.com

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was temped to do this, but as of right now I have some side trips that would not work out with this. I did check out the website though, and I noticed there is no information on routes and expected arrival times.

CGarbee

Gasser is working on adding the routes and arrival times to the website. He's been waiting to do this as the routes have been pretty fluid (the guys from out west who are doing the Convoy for the first time have made a bunch of shifts, but those of us from the South spent some time discussing the detour around DC and if we wanted to continue taking it or not...).

Arrival at Ollies in Aberdeen is set for 2:00 Thursday. After we pass out shirts and say hello to everyone, we will reform and head over to the Rally. Arrival at Ripken Stadium is set for 3:00PM on May 10.

Notice that the Communications page (with info on radio frequencies, FRS channels, etc) went up in the last couple of days. Convoy participants will also get an email just before departure that will include that info, route info, and cell phone numbers of the Convoy Staff...etc...

Part of the delay in getting info on the website is due to a complete redesign of the site. The look of the old site was nice, but the code running it had to be updated and the guys have done a great job (and put in a huge amount of work) rearanging how the site works that will make it much more stable and easier to update for future convoys.

It's fun, it'll all come together, and we'll all enjoy getting to know each other a bit better.

Join us for the Convoy if you can, get on the site and order up a t-shirt and and stop by for BBQ on Friday if you can't join us for the Convoy but are at the Rally.

I'm looking forward to the Convoy, the Rally, and meeting a bunch of my buddies in person.

ojsdna744

I'm also wondering...should a dish be brought to said barbeque? :roll:

Looking forward to the seeing the site updates and REALLY looking forward to the convoy and meeting a lot of you face-to-face!! :D

CGarbee

I am providing a box of knife/fork/napkin/salt/pepper combinations that you get at Sams. I'll also have a supply of paper plates, napkins, and cups.
We will be eating BBQ, green beans, potatoes, and rolls, Tea/water.
I'll have my cooler with some drinks, but you should plan on bringing something to drink/share.

A couple of folks have mentioned bringing some other food items (salads, pasta, etc.). I have not yet put much thought to desert although banana pudding is a staple down here (I'm not sure how much I really want to work...).

Bringing your own plate to reinforce the paper ones that I will be suppling is a good idea.

Thanks for asking,

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as I'm the official 'Steel Soldiers North Carolina BBQ taste tester' The cooking staff can have all the cider they want!

Is this a hint I should start brewing more? :D

CGarbee

steelsoldiers said:
Lush! :lol: I am looking forward to sampling that home brew myself. I may have to bring some Franklin County VA white lightning too :shock:

Ahhh, what we used to call (and still do actually) in Madison County "pure mountain spring water".... And yes, there is a story behind that (water in the tea jug, good stuff in the water jug) that is best told in detail when having a snort...

A nip would bring back some wonderful memories... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks