• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

took my my 6x6 and track for a ride sunday

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool rides! Are those the original fenders for the scout car? I seem to remember that the originals were wider....

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I removed the fenders looks better to me without them BTW Its not a scout car but a M8 Greyhound armored car

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The roller was put in place on the half-tracks to help roll the front end of the rig out of deep ditches. Seems a lot of drivers early on got stuck attempting to cross ditches at a 90-degree angle, the rig would nose in and that's all she wrote. After placing the roller on the front, the drivers found they could "roll" right out of a trouble pothole.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big roller was actually used to flatten German troops like dough. In the picture the roller is in its stowed position. When approaching the enemy it is lowered to the ground by 2 hydraulic rams and held in position by the same rams. The roller was very effectinve in the ETO but saw little use in the pacific due to the terrain. :)

The roller is oriignal equipement. I believe every third halftrack was a roller model (could be wrong) The others were equipped with a winch. It is reffered to as an anti-ditching roller. M3 Scout cars were also equipped with a similar roller. They work very well.

Chuck H

Jimmy

Great picture! I like both of them but the halftrack is one of my favorite WWII vehicles. I would love to see more pictures of them both.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does the M8 use a similar rear suspension to the M44? I see upper and lower control arms......

Chuck, your stuff looks great, as always. Very impressive.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clint

The only M44 I can think of is the 155mm mobile howitzer. Not sure of the vehicle you are speaking of. Thanks for the compliments

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The only M44 I can think of is the 155mm mobile howitzer. Not sure of the vehicle you are speaking of.
The M35 "Deuce" is a member of the M44 series of vehicles. I guess I should have said "M44 chassis" or just M35.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
did not think of M44 chassis dumb me, It is similarbut no parts will interchange

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks