• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We've all seen them...now see them in comparison! XL's

spicergear

This is one of six of these 15.5/80R20 (15.5x46) XL's that will be going on my deuce in the near future. We've seen them on the burly white and red brush truck and they look tough, but not much for size comparison or real world comparisons. [^]
XL and 'Busa-
[thumbzup]

spicergear

M1075, The 395/85R20 XML's on my 715 came about from a deal I found on them, $200/dbl beadlock wheel and XML. The 15.50/80R20 XL's I got from a guy on ebay for a REALLY good price. Including truck shipping for two pallets from Wisconsin I'm in under $100/XL. I've had the XL's and XML's side by side and they're exactly the same width and height. You can be the judge here; XL weighs 225Lbs, XML on double beadlock wheel with insert weighs 255Lbs. 30Lbs difference...whats the wheel and insert weigh like maybe 60Lbs? That's like a 30Lb difference in just the tires.

Monster Man, I LOVE MY 'BUSA!!! It's actually my second one. First one, a '99, was stolen after I had done a LOT of modifications to it...lots. :banghead: Cruise along at 140mph and whack it and the thing would squat, try to rip the bars outta your hands and flatten you eye balls as it gained 10mph/second. Change lanes in the highway and it would break loose and the back would wiggle around if ya hit the paint line. Sick fast...stock, in just 6 passes and I hadn't raced in several years, ran 10.10@143mph in the quarter. In two weekends I'd prolly have 9.90's and 144-145mph. My replacement is an '00 (still unlimited) that I've only put a set of cans on it. The '99 went from 45+mpg to like 27-29mpg. I still have the spare cylinder case I was going to put on the '99 to from 1298cc to 1396cc. I've only had my '00 to 198mph...and the '99 had 20hp more. :yeah: BUSA's RULE!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbzup]

M1075

SpicerGear, you are quite the shopper! Being 18 ply instead of 14, I think the 15.5s are a good choice. I have the 395s on one deuce and plan to put 15.5s on the next. I haven't weighed any tires or tire/rim combos, but I might work on that. I've got some digital scales that will do it.

Monster Man

Monster Man, I LOVE MY 'BUSA!!! It's actually my second one. First one, a '99, was stolen after I had done a LOT of modifications to it...lots. :banghead: Cruise along at 140mph and whack it and the thing would squat, try to rip the bars outta your hands and flatten you eye balls as it gained 10mph/second. Change lanes in the highway and it would break loose and the back would wiggle around if ya hit the paint line. Sick fast...stock, in just 6 passes and I hadn't raced in several years, ran 10.10@143mph in the quarter. In two weekends I'd prolly have 9.90's and 144-145mph. My replacement is an '00 (still unlimited) that I've only put a set of cans on it. The '99 went from 45+mpg to like 27-29mpg. I still have the spare cylinder case I was going to put on the '99 to from 1298cc to 1396cc. I've only had my '00 to 198mph...and the '99 had 20hp more. :yeah: BUSA's RULE!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbzup]

that's just SICK :yeah:
I'd love a Busa but I couldn't handle it to be honest. Some people say they're big and ugly, but I love the look, nice and smooth and round. A little porky in the corners but they're nice. I could barely handle my old 998, hit 130 on spooner summit and I about pooped my pants, don't know how the WSBK guys do it :lol: I'm into nice, sanely paced twisty rides, nothin' insane, my 2 Ducs fit the bill nicely. But, man would I love to hit hyper speed on two wheels just once

spicergear

Yeah, everyone claims the Busa is a pig in the corners, but I've dragged my footpeg a time or two on a couple of VERY well known turns. My '99 I had put a 4-1 Yosh full race pipe, Power Commander w/self tweaked maps, air box mods, K&N, etc. I had also purchased a spare cylinder case to send out for exchange on a 1396 big bore kit. Was planning on that and a set of stage on Yosh cams for about 210 rear wheel hp, then a Schnitz dry nitrous system for another 30-40 hp. Some mother *$&#%$ stole my '99. :cry: I still have the spare cylinder case. The ins co got me enough to get a year newer model (still unlimited) in stock condition. I put a set of Yosh cans on that and am back to appreciating 45mpg w/passenger and only 196mph. [^]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks