• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo...

Txstruck

I have been pondering the idea of getting a turbocharger for my truck but have a few questions.

1. Can the 6.2L handle it?

2. Would it be smart with 4.56 rear gears and 3 spd. tranny?

3. Does anyone know who has them other than Banks Power?

Any and all info is appreciated. [thumbzup]

Westech

CPL
Its been done many times befor. I see it in my shop from time to time. seems to work out well just have to go to dual 2 1/2 inch pipes out back if it does not have it already. the turbo pushes alot more air. ( duha lol)

Westech

CPL
I know there are kits out there with every nut and zip tie I have no idea on price , but I would guess up around 2k. you should not have to mod anything its all bolt ons. so yeah why not. I would just jump on the net and start looking.

Dieselsmoke

ATS used to make a turbo system for them but with demand being low and the merge with another company they've dropped that line of turbo kits. Banks is the only one that I know of anymore. Throw in a set of marine injectors, tweak the pump and advance the timing and you'll have a whole new truck :jumpin:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I looked at turbo'ing my CUCV many times. Usually right after I drove on the interstate and I had to beat and flog it up every long grade [^] I looked at Banks. It is right around $1900-2100 depending on where you buy. It comes with everything you need including single 3" pipe all the way out the back. You should be able to lite the tires with the 4.56 gears. You won't get all the mileage benefits at highway speeds since the 4.56s will also run the RPMs out of the max MPG range. Would make the truck a LOT of fun though.

dmonkz71

I remember seeing a Banks kit for a 6.2 on e-bay back before Christmas. It was bought new and never installed according to the seller. I beleve the final sale price was about $1100.00. Try an e-bay search for either cucv`s, 6.2 diesel or Banks turbo.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually search 6.2 diesel and 6.2L diesel and find almost everything there. Search titles and descriptions.

Txstruck

Thanks for all the info guys! [thumbzup] Im sure this wont happen until the better half is driving her new '05 Mustang GT. If I try to do anything before she gets it, itll be [female dogin] and :boxer: for me for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks