• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage Vehicles?

CamoGames

Hello all,

I'm new here so I hope this is the right place for this.

I live in eastern Saskatchewan, and have a couple of commercial paintball fields in Alberta, and Sask. I am looking for old military vehicles that are not running for props for my paintball field to give them a more realistic military feel.

I do not pretend to know a lot about these vehicles.....I simply don't, but I am opening a new field here, and wanted to give it a real military look rather then the run of the mill paintball field. I am going to have airsoft players as well, so they will really appreciate this. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I could find some of these, please let me know here, or PM me.

Thank you

Steamynachos

I am also in Canada almost all military vehicals in Canada are scrapped be being blowen up on a target range IE. tank targets or air targets :cry: the only vehicals you will find are a few old jeeps or the really old m135's that are usually in such bad shape that you really have to look hard to see what it was or the restored ones that go for big money.
There are a few running 5tons availible but you better bring your wallet :shock: If you want old wrecks just to put in a field your better off importing some from the USA. you will be looking at a lot of hassel because of importing a military vehical wrecked or not the US. dont like letting them out. Canada dont care about bringging them in as long as you pay your taxes :?

CamoGames

Thank you for the welcome, and the replies. I know some people are buying them, so there must be some being sold someplace...I just don't know where.

TedG

CamoGames,

Ask your area farmers and miners for informaion on old mv's. There should be a few trucks around in the prairies. Seems whenever I am in different provinces Canada, I see junk M37's, M211's, etc. Good luck.

lacoda56

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just use junk civilian trucks and broom some green paint on em? If you're useing them for props, what's the difference? You can get really classy and put some stars on the doors and 90% of the general public won't know the difference or care.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Camo, how about some shots of your playing area?

And you know, you really could use a Deuce on the property.....for cleanup and hauling stuff and such...

:D

CamoGames

TedG,

You wouldn't happen to remember where you saw those would you? :)

pa.rich,

I understand what you're saying, that's why I was just asking for ones that are truly on their way out. I don't want them if they are operating. I do respect as well, and besides, they are not being shot at with real guns, just plastic bb's

lacoda56,

I am setting this up mainly for airsoft players. These guys know their stuff, so if it is anything other then the real thing, they will definitely know the difference. I see what you're saying about the general public...your right on there, thank you.

clinto,

This is a virgin field being set up now, so no pics yet. Maybe when I'm finished though.

PaintballCentral

Hi all, I am in the situation as CamoGames. We operate 3 paintball playing locations in NC, and SC. We are also looking for scrap vehicels to use as props. Trucks, Jeeps, Helicopters, and Airplanes. I do realize that we could use some civilian vehicles, but we are looking to be a little more authentic. We're also looking to find things like camo netting, ammo boxes/crates, etc. Any suggestions? You can reply here or e-mail at john@paintballcentral.com

Thanks!

JohnnyReb

PaintballCentral said:
Hi all, I am in the situation as CamoGames. We operate 3 paintball playing locations in NC, and SC. We are also looking for scrap vehicels to use as props. Trucks, Jeeps, Helicopters, and Airplanes. I do realize that we could use some civilian vehicles, but we are looking to be a little more authentic. We're also looking to find things like camo netting, ammo boxes/crates, etc. Any suggestions? You can reply here or e-mail at john@paintballcentral.com

Thanks!
I have a friend who has 2 M715s in a local junkyard....don't know how much he would want for them....about 5 hours south of you in GA.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Try placing a want ad in your local paper. Specify cheap or free. Someone may be glad to get rid of a non-runner. A local concern should keep your recovery cost low. JimK

PaintballCentral

JohnnyReb said:
PaintballCentral said:

Thanks!
I have a friend who has 2 M715s in a local junkyard....don't know how much he would want for them....about 5 hours south of you in GA.
I would be interested in finding out how much. Any contact info?

PaintballCentral

jimk said:
Try placing a want ad in your local paper. Specify cheap or free. Someone may be glad to get rid of a non-runner. A local concern should keep your recovery cost low. JimK
Not a bad idea, we'd have to list in quite a few newspapers though. I'm hoping to maybe get a hold of someone from our area's though these forums. I'll definately keep that suggestion in mind though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks