• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1008 U Bolts Modification

usmcpatriot

After looking at the old u bolt setup on the rear axle of my M1008, I figured I didn't trust all that rust build up on the anchor plate, which catches all the water and mud and holds it there, leading to rust. So I ordered all four bolts from LMC and the anchor plates. Well the only size that LMC has for my truck is 3 1/2 x 5/8 x 8 1/2. Don't get the 8 1/2, they are too short, even though they say, its' for 9 leaves. Got mind from Napa at 11 inches tall. You can probably get away with 10 inches. Anyway done deal, 45 minutes per side, make sure you take the tires off, it's easier to get at the bolts. Cut the old ones off with a sawzall, get real good blades, maybe two blades per bolt. Don't get them from Ace Hardware, go milwalkee or dewalt. Made in the USA. Good luck

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch the spring plates on the mounts for the bottom out bumpers. On most they hit!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks