• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Hood, TX Pick up help

Nathanater

Does anyone know the meet up spot to pickup in Fort Hood, TX? I'm looking to go in the morning(leaving around 3AM) and if I could make it to the meet up spot that would be great to avoid having to deal with going through security and the extra hassle. I would greatly appreciate a dropped pin on google maps or even an address or highway exit numbers. ANYTHING that would help me find it, Thanks!!!! :doh: just dont want to be saying
:lost:

86m1028

Which location ? There are 2, north side & south side. South side you will have to enter base. The north side you do not. Typically north side is Friday only load outs. Southside, there is the commercial entrance. Best thing to do is call Paul & get info from him.

Last edited:

Nathanater

OK, so I figured it out when I was about an hour away from the base. These guys don't answer outside of the hours posted. So, I had to go to the visitors center and get a pass to get on base then go to tank destroyer and 80th st. Pretty easy pickup and we brought a gas powered air compressor which made it so much easier. took us less than an hour to change tires and load up. We almost have the old 6.2L diesel running after two short days working on it!

Don't want to start a new thread. If I have my chl, can I keep my pistol in my truck? I won a trailer and would like to pick it up Monday. Tried calling all day Friday and never got thru. If I just show up can I get my trailer or will I be turned around? It's a 3 hr drive.

Ft hood

brett

edit: found another thread that say a gun is a no-no. Will probably get on the road about 8 so I'll just plan on calling before I get to far.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never take a weapon onto a federal installation. Really bad things can happen.

You may be able to check it with the Provost Marshall. Or find a local gun shop to hold it.

at almost all GL locations if you do not have an appointment you will be turned away.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I don't know about Texas Military Posts, but every one I have been to in Georgia & Florida, allows NO weapons on base (reguardless of CWP or CHL). They state that any weapons will be confiscated as contraband if found! Procede @ your own risk. I was faced with an armed (M4) security forces soldier, who searched everything in my truck & trailer before I was allowed on base, not to mention the Federal background check you HAVE to pass. No one told me before hand, but ALL weapons were left @ home beforehand to preserve their ownership to me!

Don't take guns onto a Federal Facility........period!

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Warthog said above.

And specifically for Ft Hood, a definite NO! on a firearm, CHL or not. They can and will sniff your car with dogs and you are subject to search, which Ft Hood is not bashful about doing randomly.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tornadogt

I am going Tuesday Morning to pick up 2 1101's. I will be at the gate between 8:00-8:30am. Mondays are hit and miss on contacting Paul at GL..

If you are a Commercial Transporter OR are towing a trailer you can enter the base through the Clark Rd Freight entrance. Make sure you have a copy of your Paid Invoice and current Drivers License (your CHL does not count even though it has your DL number on it) current Registration on the vehicle you are driving (that means the paper copy of the Registration not just the tag on the window) and current insurance (again paper copy). It goes smother if you have them on a clip board or at least ready when you get to the gate. They are going to ask you where you are going, Tell them the LZ Phantom Lot to pick up Trailers. THEY WILL look through your truck make sure you don't have anything your not allowed, namely Guns/Ammo/Knifes/Explosives. Use your common sense. Once on the base you will need to go to the LZ Phantom Lot. it is about 3/4 of a mile from the Clark gate on the right... Make sure you call GL and let them know you are coming so they can meet you there (there office is not at that location and it takes them a few mins to get there..

There is NO Forklifts or Assistance in loading at this lot bring what you need...

If you are NOT towing a trailer OR Commercial Transporter a when you come to the Clark gate they will turn you around and make you go through the main entrance and make you get a pass if you are not Military, That will take at least 20-30mins if there is no traffic getting in the main gate. Count of there being a line at the main gate between 7am-8:45 ish....

HETvet

Currently, not only do I live on the instillation, but my company is tasked to run/pull security on clark gate. If there are question or you need help with a load out; feel free to contact me. Your time in limited though as I will be getting out of the army with I. The next 60 days.

Jakob1944

I don't know about Texas Military Posts, but every one I have been to in Georgia & Florida, allows NO weapons on base (reguardless of CWP or CHL). They state that any weapons will be confiscated as contraband if found! Procede @ your own risk. I was faced with an armed (M4) security forces soldier, who searched everything in my truck & trailer before I was allowed on base, not to mention the Federal background check you HAVE to pass. No one told me before hand, but ALL weapons were left @ home beforehand to preserve their ownership to me!

Don't take guns onto a Federal Facility........period!
You will face a Federal Judge for sure......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks