• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camo Patterns

feldwebel34

Thanks for your response! I am planning to apply this pattern (or something similar) to my Pinzgauer. Is there a certain order that is suggested for the application of the different colors? Light colors first? Dark colors? Any help would be great! Does anybody know of any reference materials pertaining to this type of pattern?

Regards,
Eric

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't think that pattern would be too effective - the edges are too straight, too hard. You need a mottled soft edge between colors to make the scheme seem natural...

ONTOS66

When applying camo patterns it usually works best to start with the lighter colors since the darker colors can cover everything else. Also a more feathered or graduated change in colors works better for camouflage - very few hard straight lines in nature.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the standard Swedish tactical vehicle camo. Like the US woodland scheme, there is a pattern developed for each type of vehicle, though it is applied to very tight tolerances. I've seen their vehicles in the field, the camo works surprisingly well.
The Swedes used to put it on their aircraft too until a few years ago-
http://ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1998/04/stuff_eng_detail_viggen_camo.htm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks