• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CG 107/U coax cable

BillIdaho

I am needing one of those 68 foot long coax cables, with proper connecters ( I think one end needs an apadter) to connect my RC292 mast antenna to my RT524. Anyone have an extra one laying around? THANKS GUYS.

BillIdaho

No, the CG-1773 is for when the antenna is within 5 feet (in regards to the cable you speak of) from the RT524, (or RT246 for that matter). When using the 50-odd feet tall mast antenna-the RC292, the book calls for the CG-107/U. There is actually also an adapter that goes in between the CG-107/U and the radio, because the connector isn't right on one end. That is known as the UG-255/U.
Ya know, about a couple of hundred dollars ago I said I was done......

CGarbee

I'll ask one of my coworkers about this... He seems to have a very interesting collection of surplus radio gear that he shares from time to time that he collected over the years while recreating his setup from Vietnam (he was a commo weannie... :) ). I'll see if he has a spare long cable.

Remember Maddawg that the enemy triangulates on the antenna, and shoots at it... It's nice to have it on the next hill over. :)

ONTOS66

Also consider switching to an OE-254 head and then you don't have to keep changing the radials when you change frequencies - I always hated that part of the '292. Most of your '292 kit will work with that - once you find that cable.
;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks